Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all I’ve got a 64 plate Volvo v40 R design that’s just started over heating there’s plenty of coolant in the header tank if you have the heating on Hi in the car it’s just blowing cold air into the car and not hot air. the top hose feels like there’s no water in the pipe is this air lock or has the water pump gone ???

thanks Chris

·
Registered
111 Posts
Evening all I’ve got a 64 plate Volvo v40 R design that’s just started over heating there’s plenty of coolant in the header tank if you have the heating on Hi in the car it’s just blowing cold air into the car and not hot air. the top hose feels like there’s no water in the pipe is this air lock or has the water pump gone ???

thanks Chris
Which engine have you got?

·
Registered
369 Posts

thanks Chris
Sounds like the head gasket has blown

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not exactly sure regarding head gasket. My previous experience tells me the thermostat might be the culprit. All heat running in short cycle, not getting cooled down.
What are the driving conditions when you notice the overheating?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My volvo v40 has been running fine since I bought it in August 2020, I've even driven it to London and back.
Ever since my service I have had problems, firstly coming up with low level coolant.
I read up on this and purged the system incase of trapped air, there was alot of pressure in the coolant tank when I removed removed cap at first.
After this the low coolant message stopped, but not i have 'engine temp level high, slow down'.
So I've taken it in to the local garage, I've had the water pump changed along with the thermostat and due to these the timing belt.
I no longer have heat in thr cap neither, my coolant is clear, my exhaust fumes are fine.

Can any one come up with ideas of what's going on? Suggestions please?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts