Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Evening folks,
I am a possible new owner and currently looking at a 14 D3 R-design, however some of the packs they have listed on it don't add up unless either I have gotten it wrong or they have, would anybody care to shed some light and confirm what is included in them?

As stated;
Driver Support Pack
Lux Winter Pack
Sports Pack
Xenium Pack

Even if anybody wishes to view the add and confirm the yes's and no's? If it doesn't have some of the stuff that always gives me good haggling leverage.

Cheers,
Norton

·
Registered
819 Posts
That's pretty much fully loaded apart from maybe an audio system upgrade and a few minor options.

·
Registered
514 Posts
IIRC
Winter Pack
Heated Windscreen
Heated Seats
Heated mirrors
Headlamp washers

Xenium pack
Panoramic glass roof

Driver Support
HID lights
Active bending headlights
city safety

Sports pack
Not sure!

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is what I was told, there are other options that don’t sit directly in a package:

The Winter Illumination Pack: includes active bending xenon lights, headlight cleaning, LED day running lights, heated front seats, heated front screen and rear reading, theatre and front door side step lights.

The Driver Support Pack: groups Collision Warning with Full Auto Brake, Pedestrian Detection, Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Information System, Driver Alert Control plus Active High Beam and the Road Sign Information display.

Xenium pack: Panoramic roof with electric blind, full electric memory seats, and reverse camera

·
Registered
2017 R Design D2
434 Posts
the lux bit adds cruise, park sensors and full leather. standard radio is often referred to as high performance, its made by Alpine, so justified. the "better" audio units feature larger screen, and best have more power, and a very obvious centre speaker
edit: forgot all about the obvious headlamp wash, without heated screen so has xenon lights??

·
Registered
819 Posts
There are two main problems/issues that mean it's probably not 100% clear:
1. What is the origin of the evidence that the car has those packs, e.g. selling dealer "opinion" or documentation from original new sale?
2. The packs aren't static, their content can and has changed slightly over time. You would probably need sale documents and corresponding brochures to be sure.

Xenium pack on my (early) 2016 model was: Power front seats, panoramic sunroof, Park assist pilot, rear camera.
Lux winter pack was: Heated front seats, heated windscreen, illuminated gear knob!

Also, I see no evidence of the radar cover that Adaptive Cruise Control would have and that's usually in the Driver Support Pack, but maybe not at that date?

Reactions: Olsen

·
Registered
38 Posts
But it seems these packs can also be interchanged.

I have front LEDs and there is an option for City Safety but I don't have a reversing camera. Gear knob isn't illuminated but I have heated front screen and heated front seats. I have cruise control but my car isn't a Lux (I don't think). My read view mirror doesn't auto dim and I'm pretty certain I don't have the parking mirrors feature either. But I have the pockets on the rear of the front seats that courtesy light that I can change the colour of :p. Need to see if the arm rest moves...I don't think it does. FYI - I read the manual for the car so know most/all features.

Wonder how much it would be to put the reversing camera in though...

·
Registered
66Plate V40 D2 Momentum Nav Plus in Mussel Blue
20 Posts
Yes I too would like a reversing camera. Been quoted £700 by dealer to fit a genuine Volvo one which I believe is the standard UK charge.
A local company has quoted me £510 to fit an aftermarket one.
Looking for alternatives....

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would rather hang out for a D4 with 40 HP more go than the D3.
The D3 is just an ECO model with less fruit
If you have the VIN number you can find out exactly what the car was manufactured with VIN

·
Registered
819 Posts
That VIN decoder didn't work for my 2016 V40: 1 - Check Digit (9th position) does not calculate properly; 5 - VIN has errors in few positions; 14 - Unable to provide information for some of the characters in the VIN, based on the manufacturer submission.; 400 - Invalid Characters Present
I definitely entered the VIN correctly, I cut and pasted it from my records on the Volvo Id web site.

·
Registered
V40 2016 R-design - Osmium Grey
10 Posts
I've got almost the same errors for my car with that decoder.
Something more reliable: Vin decoder
Unfortunately not to many informations..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts