Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

Has anyone of you guys ordered paintwork protection on your V40?
The dealer I ordered mine from offered G-3 Glasscoat (it includes paint, upholstery and glass treatment + aftersale maintenance products) for £399. What are your views on this kind of products. Have you ever had it? Do you think it is worth the money? I can not make up my mind!!!
All replies welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Asked volvo norway about this, got this response:

Thank you for your inquiry.
A Volvo is basically good enough treated to prevent corrosion, so that such a treatment may not be necessary.
Normal maintenance of Volvo washing / cleaning products and during washing should be sufficient to prevent corrosion or damage to the paint.
About a paint sealant upgrade or Tectyl treatment performed on the car and this is the cause in any paint or rust damage in the future, the warranty does not apply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kidu said:
Asked volvo norway about this, got this response:

Thank you for your inquiry.
A Volvo is basically good enough treated to prevent corrosion, so that such a treatment may not be necessary.
Normal maintenance of Volvo washing / cleaning products and during washing should be sufficient to prevent corrosion or damage to the paint.
About a paint sealant upgrade or Tectyl treatment performed on the car and this is the cause in any paint or rust damage in the future, the warranty does not apply.
Thanks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
I got a Protech treatment on my New V40..
Also had it on my previous C30 and very happy with it.

http://protech.mc/home-en.html

Only thing to do is spray it of with high pressure water..
No waxing needed..

5 year warranty that paint will keep shining.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MichelR said:
I got a Protech treatment on my New V40..
Also had it on my previous C30 and very happy with it.

http://protech.mc/home-en.html

Only thing to do is spray it of with high pressure water..
No waxing needed..

5 year warranty that paint will keep shining.
Hi,
I believe those products work (some are better some worse). I am just having hard times justifying the £399 cost. I am in two minds at the moment. Still have time to decide - it's another 7-8 weeks before the car is delivered.
Thanks for your reply though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Rafiki said:
MichelR said:
I got a Protech treatment on my New V40..
Also had it on my previous C30 and very happy with it.

http://protech.mc/home-en.html

Only thing to do is spray it of with high pressure water..
No waxing needed..

5 year warranty that paint will keep shining.
Hi,
I believe those products work (some are better some worse). I am just having hard times justifying the £399 cost. I am in two minds at the moment. Still have time to decide - it's another 7-8 weeks before the car is delivered.
Thanks for your reply though.
Hi Raf

I got the Supagard protection from my dealer, he originally quoted £350, then £250 and finally i got the price down to £225.

I too hope it was money well spent, with 3year protection and a satchel of products to use in the future.

Volvo154
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
volvo154
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing
Top