Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Ordered an R-Design today... Yey! Factory build for March 1st delivery.

BUT I am still TEMPTED to add Panoramic Roof after finding headroom is OK, at least in the front.

What are your thoughts... Any regrets not choosing / happier for it..? Or simply not necessary...

Thanks all,

Tim

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kev

Hmmmnn... I like it too but a tad expensive. They'll do it for £870 (13% from £1000) but still a lot of cash for daylight... The R-Design is pretty dark inside with the black ceiling. But at the same time...cosy too...arrghh!

Any more feedback from owners with / without is greatly appreciated!

Tim

·
Registered
139 Posts
What are your thoughts... Any regrets not choosing / happier for it..? Or simply not necessary...

Tim
Hello Tim,
I have the panoramic roof and think it makes the car seem more spacious and luxurious inside. I also think it enhances the cars exterior look too. Comes down to personal choice and budget. It is not an essential item, but nice to have imho

Regards

Andrew

Edit:
Hmmmnn... I like it too but a tad expensive.
I would rather spend money on blis, park assist, adaptive cruise control, sensus connect first if money is an issue.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have it, and I like it a lot! But yes, if you leave it with the curtain off (if thats the correct term) in the summer, the air inside will be heated. We have the curtain on when it's parked, and off when we are driving, the air condition can easily keep the correct temperature. In the winter the curtain is more or less permanently off.
I think it makes the interior space much bigger, and I don't have a problem with head room (and I'm 188cm) in the front or the back.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Although it looks awesome on white and makes the interior lighter, I ordered mine without, mainly because of four reasons:

1. Too expensive, in my opinion
  2. Reduced headroom - seated upright at 1.86, I find headroom slightly reduced in the front and insufficient in the back. Without the panoramic roof, there is slightly more headroom in the front and I can sit upright and comfortably in the back
  3. Relatively small size - can not be fully enjoyed in the front, adds value mainly for passengers in the back
  4. Climate control - interior needs more air conditioning in summer and more heating in winter, both making the air dryer. That's not good for me, as I have sensitive eyes

·
Registered
19 Posts
Personally:

- looks good. The black matches the black of the boot/hatch
- Makes the cabin feel larger
- Does bugger all to the heating or cooling. I have had mine parked in 36 C and there is very minimal heat from the roof. All the heat is coming form the front windscreen.
- You could also add a clear tint to reduce heat, but not needed.

LG

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my R-Design last week, and it will come with panoramic roof by default. I am picking it in exchange of a Ford Focus with a sunroof and I can say that having a giant sunroof without opening it is a bit odd. Anyway, the visual of the car is greatly improved with, the panoramic roof, so it worth the money you pay for it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Couldn't get the temperature inside down to a reasonable level with the airCon.
Had 42°C the other day. Even after being parked in direct sunlight the air conditioner worked very well. The auto window winding function on the key fob was handy as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like it and have it but earlier comment are correct - Positive - makes the car look classier, makes it seem roomier, looks good. Negative, driver only benefits from a peripheral sense as it falls short of being daily visible to driver - great for back seat. Pity they could not design it to open. I'd investigate after market sun roof ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.