Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! On retracting the cloth sunshade on my panoramic sunroof, the cloth started to jam and bunch up. The sunshade can now barely move in or out. It would appear that the cloth has started to come out of the guides to either side and the cloth bunches up when I try to retract it!

Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix? I'm assuming the worst and that I'm going to have to remove the whole headlining to gain access!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’d like to bump this question as my problem is similar but different, my sunshade is stuck in the “open” position, have been told it would cost a fortune to fix! Anyone else experienced this? Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@weirdlounge, so sorry for the mega late reply (must be some kinda record!), but I've only just popped back onto this forum due to another issue with my V40 (grrr) and saw your post. In short, no. I've kinda got used to it in the "sunshade retracted" position but the past summer was almost unbearable in the car! So, I'm on the lookout for a guide to remove the headlining, etc to see if I can fix it..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, I have the same problem with the Panoramic Slide. Volvo advised me that they need to replace the complete slide Unit. Not sure if it might only be connected to a certain year model as i have heard many of the complaints where its stuck in the open position. I have a 2015 V40 and many of the other Gents as well with the same problem. Volvo Namibia Charges N$ 15,000.00 with converts back to about 830 Euro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts