Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the part numbers and where I can get them mail order please?

I've had an annoying rattle from the rear and spent ages trying to trace it.

The rubber bumpers on the parcel shelf look worn, so hopefully replacing them will help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a similar thing, even though the bump stops look OK. I just put some strategically placed felt backed tape and fingers crossed the noise has gone away. Have you driven the car without the parcel shelf in so you're 100% sure it's that?

It might be easier to get in touch with someone breaking a car on eBay.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it's an annoying rattle mostly from the passenger side rear of the car & sounds like plastic on plastic.

I've been trying to eliminate it for a few months now and have eliminated seat buckles & other fittings in the rear.

I've put some tape around the side of the shelf to see if that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced a similar hard rubber bump stop on an Audi A3 by getting a pair 3D printed by a local company. Just make a drawing of the shape (or take the old one into the printer, and they should be able to produce them at a fraction of the cost and inconvenience of buying a replacement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a similar thing, even though the bump stops look OK. I just put some strategically placed felt backed tape and fingers crossed the noise has gone away. Have you driven the car without the parcel shelf in so you're 100% sure it's that?

It might be easier to get in touch with someone breaking a car on eBay.
Thanks for the tip - I took the parcel shelf out and had no rattle, but it came back with it in.

It's not consistent and can sometimes not rattle.

I've put tape on the back edge of the shelf as I think it might be that rattling against the tailgate - the edge is hard plastic as the felt of the shelf seems to have worn off it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts