Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a D2 from stock and it had no parking sensors. I have requested a price for fitting at a dealer and have been quoted £750!! Does this sound about right? Do the Volvo sensors give any more than a £150 aftermarket set?
OldCroc

·
Registered
191 Posts
None of Volvo's aftermarket accessories are exactly cheap...

The Volvo parking sensors setup does include a visual indication of distance remaining shown on the console display which you wouldn't get with a generic aftermarket set, as well as an audio indication which quietens the radio volume so you can hear it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
agree with denn1s, there are some superb kits out there for around £250 to £300 fitted and come with wireless monitors, no hole sensors and so on, and you can always take it with you when you change cars !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I bought a dealer demonstrator model. I went ahead and had Volvo fit their sensors. I paid £550 incl VAT but I think that was in the deal, as it were. I was quoted £685 from another dealer so that seems to be the standard price.

What I will say is that having the Volvo one fitted means it is just like coming out of the factory. It integrates into the sound and you then get the screen graphic of the distance to the obstacle. I find this quite useful.

Hope that helps your choice...

Adrian

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I personally would follow Adrian on this one. Always prefer factory fit, usually better result / quality / integration I would think?

Mind you, in saying that, I don't have any real interest in parking sensors. Been driving a good few years now and have never clipped anything whilst parking a car, so a bit surplus for my requirements. Just my opinion mind you. :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hi,

I bought a dealer demonstrator model. I went ahead and had Volvo fit their sensors. I paid £550 incl VAT but I think that was in the deal, as it were. I was quoted £685 from another dealer so that seems to be the standard price.

What I will say is that having the Volvo one fitted means it is just like coming out of the factory. It integrates into the sound and you then get the screen graphic of the distance to the obstacle. I find this quite useful.

Adrian
Are these cut in/flush with the face of the bumper as per the factory items, maybe the cost includes a new bumper cover hence the price??

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,

Adrian
Thanks for the responses. Adrian, what display do you have? The dealer did not think mine would display on the screen - just addible.
OldCroc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I bought a dealer demonstrator model..........Adrian
I'm currently in exactly the position. Just put a deposit on a pre-reg V40 D2 SE Lux Nav that doesn't have the sensors (an amazing omission on a car of this spec IMHO!) and I'm currently waiting for a call back from the dealer to tell me how much they're going to be (retro) fitted by them.

The dealer has already led me to believe that it's going to be around the £700 mark though! In which case I think I'll have to leave it....:s

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The dealer has already led me to believe that it's going to be around the £700 mark though! In which case I think I'll have to leave it....:s
That's a lot of money. To be honest, you will be fine without. Been parking my D2 up for the past year without parking sensors and it's not really a problem. Easy enough to park. :thumbup: Its the people that struggle with parking that give you the dents.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got the rear sensors as an option when placing order (my wifes choice ha ha). However, wish I'd got front ones too as seem to think I'm getting very close to something, but when I have a look I'm about 2ft away. Still could be worse. Could be other way round.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.