Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need a reliable car for work and I fear mine now being 80k miles and 7 years will now start its maintenance journey after a flawless seven years.

Has anyone kept theirs past 7 years and what was the journey like?

Just amazing cars. Done the rounds looking at replacements, spent two months trolling reviews and youtube and after looking at Marc and Audi, I opted to stay with Volvo.

I confess to it being a split decision, both sorrowful and a little giddy but with four months to wait it has time to sink in.

If anyone seeking a MY15 (Sept 2014) V40 D4 Lux Nav, 80k miles, Rebel Blue, Winter Pack, Zeon (turning) & Washers, heated seats, heated screen, leather, Privacy Glass, 2 y/o Polestar suspension, Polestar remap, in mint condition, FSH, 1 Owner, 2 keys (1 unused), FVSH, Zero VED, then let me know as I have had a silly offer from the dealers. I will list it for sale formally within a couple of weeks of delivery. Dealer £7.2k, I am thinking nearer £9.8k (£44k when new + £2k upgrades), appreciate notions on value also. ps did I say it's my pride and joy and in mint condition.

Also hi to anyone who remembers me, been a lot of tumbleweed since I was the last on here. Hope you all bearing up in these challenging times.

Think the new one will be my last Volvo with manufacture now bias to China.

·
Registered
387 Posts
7 years come up in September (D3). The car has had one problem only - one of the rear vision mirrors kept trying to close even more. Recently, I had the odd phenomenon of the TFT display flickering and then telling me the rear hatch was open, when it manifestly wasn't. Strangely enough, this happened on the way to the annual service, the reverse of the usual situation that the toothache pain is inversely proportion to the distance to the dentist. The dealer could find nothing wrong, and it hasn't repeated itself since.

Ours is a colour that doesn't exist in the UK, Ocean Race Blue:

(I tried to buy some touch-up in Belfast once when someone banged the door on the ferry) and it is frequently admired, as is the car itself. Since the younger ladies departed, we don't do so many miles any more - we're only on 82,000 Km (about 51,000 miles) - so we're hoping for many more years.

P.S. If our old Opel Astra Caravan could manage 20.5 years and 346,000Km, the V40 should be able to do at least as well.

Quite fancy a V60 myself - only a slight problem of (a) finding a suitably flush bank to rob, and (b) making it fit in the garage.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo V40 D3 Elite Geartronic
7 Posts
7 years come up in September (D3). The car has had one problem only - one of the rear vision mirrors kept trying to close even more. Recently, I had the odd phenomenon of the TFT display flickering and then telling me the rear hatch was open, when it manifestly wasn't. Strangely enough, this happened on the way to the annual service, the reverse of the usual situation that the toothache pain is inversely proportion to the distance to the dentist. The dealer could find nothing wrong, and it hasn't repeated itself since.

Ours is a colour that doesn't exist in the UK, Ocean Race Blue:

(I tried to buy some touch-up in Belfast once when someone banged the door on the ferry) and it is frequently admired, as is the car itself. Since the younger ladies departed, we don't do so many miles any more - we're only on 82,000 Km (about 51,000 miles) - so we're hoping for many more years.

Quite fancy a V60 myself - only a slight problem of (a) finding a suitably flush bank to rob, and (b) making it fit in the garage.
That's very interesting.

What's the difference between Caspian Blue and Ocean Race blue then?

Both my XC60 and V40 are Caspian Blue, according to the My Volvo App as well.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Don't know. From the photos, Caspian appears to be slightly lighter than Ocean Race, but one can never really judge from photos. All I know is that, after my door was slightly dinged on the Cherbourg-Dublin ferry, I rolled up to Agnew, the main Volvo dealer in Belfast, and asked for some Ocean Race touch-up. The manager of the spare parts division was very apologetic, but said that this colour did not exist in the UK. I do realise that it could be a matter of a different paint name for a different market, and that the Ocean Race promotion was a purely Continental thing.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Had my D2 SE lux V40 for 6 years (2015-21) during which time I had 115 000 largely trouble free comfortable miles. Great car.

Now driving a moonstone grey iD.3. Many fond memories of the Volvo - but it’s no comparison - can’t see me going back to an ICE….

1 - 5 of 5 Posts