Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bar buying a Haynes guide, is there a website or something I can access in order to purchase specific parts for my car? E.g. The parcel shelf is damaged and need replacing. The rubber seal around the boot also requires replacing due to the parcel shelf. Also, while I have been supplied a towing eye cover for the car (front bumper) I am convinced its the incorrect one as I cannot get it to fit and I'm worried I'll crack the bumper by forcing it in.

Thanks for your help,
Aled.

·
Registered
2017 R Design D2
502 Posts
as far as my knowledge extends, there is no haynes manual due to the relative low build numbers. From experiences with VW, be careful with obtaining part numbers for trim, as sometimes with the best intentions it ends up wrong, the colour can vary between model, years and market. Often best to ask the dealer, though some aren't especially helpful!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bar buying a Haynes guide, is there a website or something I can access in order to purchase specific parts for my car? E.g. The parcel shelf is damaged and need replacing. The rubber seal around the boot also requires replacing due to the parcel shelf. Also, while I have been supplied a towing eye cover for the car (front bumper) I am convinced its the incorrect one as I cannot get it to fit and I'm worried I'll crack the bumper by forcing it in.

Thanks for your help,
Aled.
I bought a replacement V40 parcel shelf last year, part number is 31389389 and cost from Volvo dealer was £98.
Volvo dealer can order the rubber seal and towing eye cover, you don't need to quote the part number as the dealer can look it up on his system. You may need to order an aerosol of paint as I am not sure that the towing eye cover is supplied ready painted.

·
Registered
728 Posts
You can download the Vida software and that will have everything you require.
You don't need the hardware to check out vehicle diagrams, I believe you can stick the VIN manually in.,

Reactions: Numanoid76

·
Registered
321 Posts
You can download the Vida software and that will have everything you require.
You don't need the hardware to check out vehicle diagrams, I believe you can stick the VIN manually in.,
If the car is newer than 2015, it won't accept the VIN, but you can browse the parts diagrams and repair information after entering the vehicle details manually. Newer engines and gearboxes aren't in VIDA2014D, so you may have to put up with a close approximation. And be prepared for a some of the part numbers to have been superseded. For mechanical and service parts, the Skandix catalogue usually gives current Volvo part numbers, even as "equivalnet to" for pattern items.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts