Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Sorry Grant, the official answer is no. I have the same "problem" and asked this question both to my dealer and to the importer of the cars to Greece. Both answered negatively. It's a pity, though. If you find out something different (even an aftermarket solution), please let me know !

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
You are stuck like having a 16GB Crapple iPhone

·
Registered
227 Posts
sound upgrade

well was told by Volvo that if I upgrade the sound my complete electrical warranty is gone.
but the don't read there own fine print .They will only replace the speakers during the first year of warranty which leaves me within my rights to replace them after one year with my own and they can say nothing ..

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think you're asking too much of the upgrade...I have the premium audio, which plonks a pretty meaty speaker in the centre of the dashboard, along with all the other speakers being beefed up with a graphic equalizer option in the settings and the ability to play DVD's...just isn't gonna happen!

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
@DarrenCC : What exactly do you mean? To your opinion, the upgrade (if and when possible) isn't going to offer much? Or you mean that it's just impossible? I suppose that if someone can find the necessary parts needed, it can be materialized. (regardless of what will happen to the guarantee).
The main reason for the upgrade is that the simple "performance" system is without a USB and Bluetooth capability, also that (according to Volvo) cannot be upgraded to a 7'' screen (from the "poor" 5''), thus depriving the installation of Sensus Connected Touch (it all goes in a row, you see!).

·
Registered
227 Posts
upgrade

I think you're asking too much of the upgrade...I have the premium audio, which plonks a pretty meaty speaker in the centre of the dashboard, along with all the other speakers being beefed up with a graphic equalizer option in the settings and the ability to play DVD's...just isn't gonna happen!
I agree darrencc the premium audio is nice and to mod the car to upgrade the unit or to replace the inners is to much of a chance with the main canbus optics behind the dash.
To add a amp or two to give it some punch well thats different. You cant drive the head unit hard in the car it over heats and switches off

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I find the audio more than enough in the car, no need for me to add amps etc. Must be getting old, and don't want the base to propel the car forward, but actual fuel. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
up grade

Toolmantim will you do this at your dealer? What is the cost?
nope doing it myself already installed bridge plugs from rear speakers installed power lines through the side skirt with quick release 12volt 80 amp plug under rear floor , Tommorrow installing sound processor and mono amp for sub .all removable in less then 5 mins .

no cables cut or modified from car at all ,just need to make new sub box next weekend to save as much boot as possible .

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
nope doing it myself already installed bridge plugs from rear speakers installed power lines through the side skirt with quick release 12volt 80 amp plug under rear floor , Tommorrow installing sound processor and mono amp for sub .all removable in less then 5 mins .

no cables cut or modified from car at all ,just need to make new sub box next weekend to save as much boot as possible .
Sounds cool, would like to see the end result

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Anyone knows if it is possible to install Bluetooth afterwards ? This was what I was asking for when demanding for upgrade. Otherwise, I have already, more than one year ago, four more speakers on the back doors of the car.

·
Registered
273 Posts
There seems to be a European/somewhere else divide here? You're talking about upgrades and missing elements to your systems that are standard here in Europe and thus the confusion?

Bluetooth connectivity should be standard for a phone and I-pod, with USB connectivity etc.

Leave you guys to this one is SA..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.