Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked the manual this morning, and saw the T2 petrol tank is supposed to be 62 liters? Can anyone confirm?

All my previous cars have always had petrol tanks in the range of 40~45 liters. So I did not question my V40, which runs past reserve (red light) at 45 liters.

I have seen inconsistent tank level indication, which I attributed to the car's gas consumption calculator. I figured nowadays everything is electronic. The first indicator goes after 30km, the 4 following seem to be moving at the same speed about one every 50km, indicator 6-7-8 span approx 100km each.

Could this be my tank indicator is faulty, or has the manual omitted to specify some models have a 45liter tank?

Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, the tank is 62 liters.
I managed to fill only to 56 liters... (my previous car was 60L and I managed to fill 62L :D ) Not sure how much there is in the tank when the red light ups

·
Registered
498 Posts
My previous car was 45 litres, so filling my usual £25 would get me at least half tank, on the V40 the same from 'orange' light gave me just over a thrid on the bars. I read somewhere that some V40s (probably the diesels) may have a smaller tank, hence why diesels have slightly larger boot litres wise, but not 100% sure, but I do think the petrols V40 alll have the 62 litre tanks and the T3 i had definately feels like 62 litres from my filling habits

·
Registered
94 Posts
T2/T3 (VEA) engines have 62lt petrol tank. In 300Km that travel so far, 4 leds are light on (4 leds are off) in electronic display. Also the trip computer is always ~0.5lt lower that actual petrol (average) consumption....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replies!
I found a single source online claiming the V40 2016-2018 facelift has only a 40 liter tank. Go figure ...
Manual says 62, online says 40, I put in 45 ... Driving me nuts.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well mine is a late 2018 one, so...62 litres it is...wonder if German markets (assuming yours is) has another variant, the 55 litre tank :).

·
Registered
2017 T2 R-Design
35 Posts
You usually are left with 7 litres of petrol when the "fill tank" message is displayed, but I can't recall were I read that or if it's accurate. All I can tell you is with 30 miles left according to the trip computer, I only managed to squeeze 49 litres of petrol in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes, the tank is 62 liters.
I managed to fill only to 56 liters... (my previous car was 60L and I managed to fill 62L :D ) Not sure how much there is in the tank when the red light ups
It also depends upon how accurate the pump is at the service station. Keep going to the one that only says 56 litres filled. Filling more than capacity off tank, you are being robbed, go elsewhere.
Why worry, I never run to empty anyway :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
It also depends upon how accurate the pump is at the service station. Keep going to the one that only says 56 litres filled. Filling more than capacity off tank, you are being robbed, go elsewhere.
Why worry, I never run to empty anyway :)
Previous was NOT a V40 ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts