Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What phone holder are you guys using? I used to have one that slots into the air vents and clips onto the phone. Can't use magnetic ones because it messes with the wireless charging. So looking for some alternatives.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You buy the mount in 2 parts, first the vehicle specific part and then the phone specific part and join the two together
**** that is expensive.

I'm not sure a standard vent clip will fit on the car. The vents are quite recessed.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
**** that is expensive.

I'm not sure a standard vent clip will fit on the car. The vents are quite recessed.
It is, but then consider modern smartphones aren't cheap. Gone are the days when the phone was almost free when the mobile company made all their money on the billing.
My iPhone XS cost about a £1000, the last thing you want is it falling off and breaking whilst you are in motion. Modern smartphones are also a bit heavier I would worry a simple clip onto the vent could damage the vanes.

The Brodit version actually mounts under the trim panels and allows you full use of the air vent.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The Brodit version actually mounts under the trim panels and allows you full use of the air vent.
using the link for the Brodit, the illustration shows the clip covering 1/2 to 2/3rds of the air vent? Must admit it looks very secure and capable of supporting a heavy phone, as previously mentioned.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It sits about an inch over the airvent, allowing you to angle the vent as required, and doesn't interfere with the airflow too much

1 - 13 of 13 Posts