Volvo V40 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
For me when choosing an alloy I always take into consideration the colour of the car !

Personally I think a white finish looks better with a black or gun metal finished alloy, preferably with a diamond cut style, the same for a red tone finish.

The metallic blue V40 in Ir4e's photo looks good with those alloys, but personally I think an all silver finished alloy on a white painted car generally look a bit bland, especially if the alloy diameter is on the small side.

In my opinion whatever colour alloy you choose for the V40 it needs at least an 18" rim, due to the side view & body size of the car, as per the alloys on the Ire4's metallic blue V40, which fit in nicely, anything smaller can sometimes look a bit lost.
Portunus on Ocean racing is another good looking alloy, especially against a dark coloured metallic paint such as above, again though go BIG !!

At the end of the day it's all down to personal choice and of course your budget.

There are some lovely after market rims that can be purchased but I think if your V40 came with 17" and you intend to go bigger it's not a simple case of just swapping over to the bigger wheel, Im sure I read a post on here that mentioned something mechanical that is required to be altered during the build process if you opt for a bigger alloy.

I think it was something to do with the turning circle or full lock of the V40 ?

I opted for the bigger 18" alloy and I've noticed that the turning circle on my V40 is not half as good compared to some cars I've owned/driven.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice wheels, MMT5. I believe they are the optional Polestar ones. If you didn't have them added, I wonder what other little Polestar goodies you might have, that you're not aware of? :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice wheels, MMT5. I believe they are the optional Polestar ones. If you didn't have them added, I wonder what other little Polestar goodies you might have, that you're not aware of? :)
I didn't personally add any options, but I bought it with all the polestar bits already on it, so hopefully there's not much I don't know. Although the thread on here that talks about stuff/tips that people have found out about their cars is quite good, learnt a few new things about mine!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ixion 17 Inch r-design

Hi,

Here under you can see Ixion 17 Inch on R-Design, they look darker than normally, surely cause of snow around.
And more, a website I found for spare in Netherland. I never bought wheels there but I think about!

www.volvovelgen.com/

Bye

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts