Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - picked up late yesterday, its just great. Went a bit made with the options but the tech is so fab :)

Some quick pics enclosed. Done 100 miles and says 60mpg - bonus. And watched 5mins of World War Z on the driveway :blush:

Will take some better pics over the next week :) :) :)

Attachments

Reactions: DefinitelyV40

·
Registered
175 Posts
Enjoy, I love my CC. Yours looks great.

I've never tried the DVD player. Almost tempted to go out and try it now...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Enjoy it Piixter, I don't expect you will be on the forum for the next couple of days. I picked mine up on Tuesday and have 700 miles on it already, I just can't get enough of driving it. I have been to a lot of places and apart from getting out to have a look at it, I just sit in car parks for half an hour, weird or what!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - now for my daily session of going through the manual - exploring what's under the false floor today :).
Trying to find an app that will read out text messages for iPhone , oh yes how good is the stereo, amazing sound

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi All - picked up late yesterday, its just great. Went a bit made with the options but the tech is so fab :)

Some quick pics enclosed. Done 100 miles and says 60mpg - bonus. And watched 5mins of World War Z on the driveway :blush:

Will take some better pics over the next week :) :) :)
Hi Pixter
Your car looks super. Congratulations. Great pics.
60mpg sounds about right. I did about 140 yesterday including quite a bit of motorway and the average was 58.8.
Lucky you only caught 5 minutes of World War Z. I had to sit through the whole lot a couple of months ago.
Hope you're weather's good for buzzing around today.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone - weather's been great today so took Mrs P for lunch where we got married so earned myself some bonus points and still got to have a run out :)
Starting to find some nice neat touches, worked out you can auto dip the wing mirrors (both or one) when in reserve and the ticket holder by the drivers side (how can a small piece of plastic make me smile).
Real like the way the Nav gives you turn details in the TFT display. The phone quality is very good (compared to the Landrover). Finding the AC/system a little tricky to master but I am sure a quick read will sort.
Was worried about the cabin noise from reading some posts here but have to say for me its very quiet, the engine is really smooth and find myself forgetting to change gear because cannot hear it and road noise is not intrusive (there is a difference if I have the glass roof blind open or closed though).
So another 80 miles done now at 61.8 mpg at this rate wont get to use my Tesco fuelsave allowance for May :)

Does anyone know if you can get the side grey plastic bits as an after market fit on their own or do you have buy the £695 full body kit??

Thanks - P

·
Registered
175 Posts
I reckon the plastic bits are only available as part of the Cross Country Styling Pack - doubt there are enough V40 CCs on the road without them to make enough demand for them as an aftermarket part. Yours is the first I've seen without them.

The A/C system is one of my (minor) annoyances too. It's more complicated than it needs to be (if you use dualzone, it's really annoying having to manually set them back to the same temperature). I also think there are too many up/down controls i.e. one on the left stalk, two on the left side of the wheel, one on the right side of the wheel (which is mirrored on the centre console), reckon they could've been merged with a little thought.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.