Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all got my new 15 d2 rebel blue r design lux this morning and a couple of changes had taken the enjoyment level down a notch.
No R Design logo in the seats now and no clear gear knob just a very plain black one. Still love the car but I am disappointed in these subtle changes that I was not expecting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all got my new 15 d2 rebel blue r design lux this morning and a couple of changes had taken the enjoyment level down a notch.
No R Design logo in the seats now and no clear gear knob just a very plain black one. Still love the car but I am disappointed in these subtle changes that I was not expecting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered mine exactly 3 months ago, still a great cat but did not expect these changes. The only other change (one for the better in my view) when the headlights come on the Daytime running lights now stay on but go dimmer.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The brochure and order will all say spec us subject to change, nothing you can do, I presume the removal of the logo on the seats is so they can use tHe same covers on the standard and cc models to save a few £'s

And Volvo try to put themselves forward as a premium brand???

·
Registered
191 Posts
The brochure and order will all say spec us subject to change, nothing you can do, I presume the removal of the logo on the seats is so they can use tHe same covers on the standard and cc models to save a few £'s

And Volvo try to put themselves forward as a premium brand???
Even companies trumpeting premium brands have to keep an eye on their bottom line...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is there anything we can do about it???? Hmmmm i really wanted the 3D light up gearknob it looked cool??? :(
I told my dealer that it changed the look of the inside of the vehicle and asked them to order in the old 3d style gearstick. They agreed to.

Ultimately if it's not what you were shown when you bought and you weren't told of a change then it's the dealers mistake for not managing your expectations..

Reactions: denn1s

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I would also be disappointed. Seems like when you get a new model, you have some better stuff, and some no so better. Like better sensus and satnav, but gearknobs and seats are different.

It is like getting a new smartphone, there is always something that is stupid

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Its unbelievable that in the whole internet i can't find a picture from the MY15

interior to check out the new gear stick.
Don't think you will a picture at the moment, as no one has the MY15 yet

·
Registered
14 Posts
I found another photo from Instagram

It looks exactly like the other one found in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ljcWCHJt4Q#t=125

So beyond reasonable doubt this is the new Gear Stick

Probably they changed the place of "My Car" button with the "Broswer Icon".

I can also see the absent of the little hanger from the passenger headrest.

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
When I first test drove a v40 (it was a standard not r-design as it was not out then) I did not like the gear stick shape so was going to take it straight off when the r-design arrived however I quickly got to like it, I would be disappointed with the new knob that looks like it has come out of a 10 year old Volvo estate owned by the local antiques dealer (it is a real step back in time)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.