Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I would like to show You what I have done with my V40. From boot flap all letters are gone, and was painted by black mat.
The front light were modified as well, kind of bad look was done, but I can see that should be bigger, will be done once again :)

Looking for Your comments!

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks okay in my opinion. Correct me if i'm wrong but it seems like only the boot opening has been done in matte, not the rest of the car?
I like the matte finish personally but i'm not too sure about the half matte half shiny look.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, You have right, only part of the boom which is opening was painted. Personaly i have to sady that it looks much bater in Real than phots. Shinny and mat together losos quite nice, but i'm looking to add somewhere some colour, for example rebel blue ;)

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Isn't some lights covered with the eyelid?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes indeed, but are not cover all, the bulb is not covered, so are still visible. Of course always can be problems during police control, but the good thing is that I am able to remove it in 10 sec.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used teflon pad, which is for foil wraping. One by one I have cut each letter, and then remove the glue. Beside fact that I did it really carefully, VOLVO letters which are sticked on piano black, leave some small damages. Now I'm have some doubts if it was good idea to remove VOLVO as well, maybe better was to painted by plastidip as well.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I was expecting you to say that you sliced the letters off with a strong thread (possibly using a sawing motion) and then removed the adhesive with De-Solv-it Sticky Stuff Remover. I removed a dealer's plastic '"label" that way but I've never tried the method on car letters/badges. http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_250793_langId_-1_categoryId_255236 Read the reviews, especially the one about de-badging a car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did you ever complete the rest of the car?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To be honest it was not so easy and it was mistake. For that reason letters volvo are came back and is ok. Without these letter car looks really sad, don't do this :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.