Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question; Is here anybody who know if it is possible to play a movie and drive at once? I know, safety is a high priority for volvo and the have blocked this option but maybe it can turn off? I hope someone can help me!

Greets

·
Registered
108 Posts
There is some after market available which bypasses the security....
Not sure if they have tackled the v40... But last time I checked they had something for the v60...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Carefull!

UK law specifically bans any type of video screen being used that can be seen by the driver. I know of coppers that will push a Dangerous Driving change on this irrespective of any other factors such as a collision. The Range Rover system uses a fancy fiter so the screen projects TV for the passenger and SatNav for the driver. I do not know if Volvo have the same system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, nobody has a solution at this moment?
@patrickv, what kind of tool is it? Where can i get more information about it?
@starfighter, i'm not from the UK ;-)

·
Registered
108 Posts
The only thing I have found is:
http://www.navinc.nl/Producten?c=718
Site is in Dutch however.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Patrickv said:
The only thing I have found is:
http://www.navinc.nl/Producten?c=718
Site is in Dutch however.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thx, i will call them and hopefully they can help me further.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Seems like a receipts for disaster... They stop video playing when you're driving for a reason... So you don't look at the screen all the time instead of the road.

If you are wanting your passengers to watch films while you're driving, invest in a portable DVD player or tablet and let them use that.

Maybe I'm getting old but I'd quite like to not have an accident with a driver coming toward me who's watching Finding Nemo!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't know about others but I'm not constantly staring at my satnav when I'm driving "in case I miss something vital to the plot". It's a quick glance, no longer than in my rear view mirror.

·
Registered
719 Posts
TCB007, A lot of difference.
It is definitely illegall. I draw the line at using a GPS and hands free phone (and even that I find distracting). At least you still have your eyes on the road when doing that.[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important][/COLOR][/COLOR] Watching a DVD while driving is just plain retarded (for the driver).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wizzy, sorry completely disagree. I frequently play music dvd's in my other car and i take glimpses of the screen on occasions, its great at traffic lights.
The GPS in the Volvo is crap and I'm constantly looking at it, directions by voice do not help unless you look at the screen.
Yes it maybe illegal and so should a GPS be - maybe its just me but in the end I dont really care if its illegal or not. On another note, having tinted windows under 35% VLT is actually illegal in Australia(some states slightly lower) I wonder how privacy glass which is under 16% is then allowed. Privacy glass on Mercs and Some VW's are pitch black!

·
Super Moderator
630 Posts
Satnav fun

I can only compliment the nav system myself. Working great. :)
I also tested the satnav in my car yesterday, and found it to be very nice. ETA was spot on, map route and indication was good, has no voice nav, strangely, but it didn't bother me, I knew the route I had to take, just used the satnav for fun.

·
Registered
227 Posts
well I disagree my wife wants to watch a dvd music or other while I drive so why cant she, but I have found a way to watch dvds just have to automate at the moment I have to manualy set it every time .but when I get back home in july I will make it a fixture .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
9 Participants
VoodooBOB
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing