Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Looking at buying a 2015 V40 T5 auto with 100k KM, the car is in pretty good condition all around, but I have a few questions around the car itself.

What do I need to look out for on these cars? Potential issues, preventative maintenance etc.

The car has a low battery charge warning on the dash, so will need to get the battery checked out. It also has a parking sensor error, I can see the front bumper has sagged a bit, I'm assuming the previous owner drove into a curb when parking as it's the only damage I can see, but not sure why the parking sensors won't be working, hopefully it's just a loose wire.

Registered
gearbox oil change maybe? rear door locks like to fail, the rest will be wear items, shockers/brakes etc which are mainly ford based so easily replaced 馃榾

Registered
Welcome, which sort of T5? The AWD Cross-Country or Front-wheel-drive version?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies

gearbox oil change maybe? rear door locks like to fail, the rest will be wear items, shockers/brakes etc which are mainly ford based so easily replaced 馃榾
Will definitely look at the gearbox oil thanks, hopefully brakes and shocks are still fine, but will have that looked at 馃槄

Welcome, which sort of T5? The AWD Cross-Country or Front-wheel-drive version?
It's the front wheel drive version, getting it for a really good price so just couldn't pass it, getting it mostly for the wife as a daily driver, while use my other car as a project car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts