Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find out what effects Sport Mode has on the Powershift especially in relation to DSTC. I have read that DSTC can be put into Sport Mode using MyCar menus but does selecting Sport on the Powershift have the same effect? I cannot find anything in the manual for this.
OldCroc

·
Registered
153 Posts
If the manual doesn't say, I would logically think there's no relation? :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, @OldCroc! I'm Fernando writing from Brazil! (so sorry my english)

I have read the entire manual this weekend. If you simply put the PowerShift into the "S" (Sport) mode, the gear will remove the acceleror delay and more cool things. If you go on MyCar > DTSC (and disable it), a new icon will appear on the panel with "DTSC SPORT" description.

I have tested this mode, and the DTSC is in fact "partial" disabled. Now you can burnout, and the car gives you the chance of make a little "drift" with the rear wheels. (it's nice :D).

I never been able to burnout simply with the "S" mode selected.

V40 T5 R-Design 2014

·
Registered
61 Posts
yeah, fernando is right...

the gearbox "s" mode allow gears to be taken at high revs, and actually it does not remove the accelerator delay but gives it a little more precision on the pedal...

and the DSTC sport mode is the traction and stability controls working on a reduced way...

I don't know about the V40, but my C30 worked the same way about the DSTC... But, when I took it to the track and did like 2 or 3 laps, the system turned off completely.

On my V40 (T5 2015), there's no sport mode... The DSTC turns off completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.