Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just to point out that this is merely a post of curiosity!

My R-Design is a Lux Nav with the Premium Sound upgrade and according to the literature, Volvo talk of 5 main speakers and if I'm reading it right, ten speakers in all.

Now I've had a good nose through the cabin and yep, there are the five main speakers and an extra small speaker on each door...so that makes 9...or is that 5 plus 4!?

So my question is where is the tenth speaker...or the other six!!

Cheers
Darren

·
Registered
202 Posts
Haha I've wondered this, but it's explained easily.
Volvo class the woofer and tweeter as 2 so that 2 per door = 8 and the centre speaker has 2 drivers in it = 10 total. Or it's also described as 5.0 system - 5 discrete channels with 2 drivers each. Note the .0 so no sub in the system.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it, don't feel so daft after all...nicely explained thanks!

Reactions: ZiggerZagger

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, just to point out that this is merely a post of curiosity!

My R-Design is a Lux Nav with the Premium Sound upgrade and according to the literature, Volvo talk of 5 main speakers and if I'm reading it right, ten speakers in all.

Now I've had a good nose through the cabin and yep, there are the five main speakers and an extra small speaker on each door...so that makes 9...or is that 5 plus 4!?

So my question is where is the tenth speaker...or the other six!!

Cheers
Darren
How is the sound in the premium? Wonder if Its enough with the standard high performance sound. I should me said that I LOVE music!

Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@nimren I couldn't fault it, especially when the source is digital ie DAB, I-pod, DVD...you can really give it some volume and still enjoy the clarity. Plus with the DVD's there's the Dolby digital option and for the system as a whole, 5 channel graphic equalizer. I'd have the same upgrade again, no questions.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry to crash the partay do any of our Australianites know if the T5R comes std with premium sound or still an option?

·
Registered
78 Posts
doh just checked aussie web site it was a $1,425 option.. Man how long is the options list...

·
Registered
40 Posts
doh just checked aussie web site it was a $1,425 option.. Man how long is the options list...

I think mine is just standard as I did whinge about it to hubby few days after pick up. That is one thing I miss from previous car.. I had the Bose in it. Miss the doof doof but I seem to be listening more to classical at the moment (trying to relaxxxxxxxx) so sound system is good enough for that haha.

·
Registered
23 Posts
@nimren I couldn't fault it, especially when the source is digital ie DAB, I-pod, DVD...you can really give it some volume and still enjoy the clarity. Plus with the DVD's there's the Dolby digital option and for the system as a whole, 5 channel graphic equalizer. I'd have the same upgrade again, no questions.
Thanks, will order the Premium sound then :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wish Volvo had carried on with the Dynaudio systems they used to run :(

Is the system on the V40 unbranded?
Does anyone have an idea to what they run?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Dolby...you'll find it in a separate thread, unbranded per se but considered to be Harman whottsits or whoever it is?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts