Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello V40 Lovers,

I have just picked up my T5 with privacy glass and need to tint the front windows to match.

From Googling the Net, there seems to be some misinformation on the UV blocking capacity of the tint. So my question to the brain's trust are the following:

- Does the privacy offer any UV blocking capacity similar to a good quality tint?
- If there is minimal UV blocking, should I have a very light UV tint applied in addition to the privacy glass?
- What about the sunroof? I have been told the glass is polarized, and hence needs no extra tint?

keep in mind I live in Australia and I don't have to worry about the dark winter months.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello Longgrass,
I cannot vouch for privacy glass, however can confirm the sunroof does not need tinting.

regards

andrew

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have not heard the offs are polarised and even if they are that has no relevance to it being tinted, hence why my oakleys have tints as well as being polarised.

Re the uv filtering of tinting film, I would guess it varies by the manufacturer so you will need to check the spec for each type you are considering and go for a brand you trust will tell you the truth

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi LongGrass,

Hope you're enjoying your T5. I had mine tinted in Sydney for about $300 or so, and I'm very pleased with it. If you're also in Sydney, happy to give you details - just PM me.

Cheers, Kieran

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.