Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you very much for this list. As a future Volvo V40 owner it is nice to hear from actual users of the car, and not only reviewers who only spend minutes or hours with the car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
where are the fog lights...?
that's a minus

·
Registered
14 Posts
Picking up on 'reasonable fuel consumption' I have a D2 SE and already find it struggles to match my previous S40 Drive
The fact that it weighs not far short of 2 tonnes (and that we have had in the NE UK particularly arctic weather of late) along with shorter journeys probably has a lot to do with the fact that I have averaged only 42.2 mpg over the last few hundred miles.
I have also a complaint with my dealer about a dimple on the flat section above the front wheel arch which they have sent photo's to Volvo about but am unsure how they would go about rectifying it to my satisfaction without some major work being involved?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Albeit the weather down south isn't quite as bad, but I have averaged 49mpg (5.7l/100km) since delivery in my D3 SE Lux. I now have 2500 miles on the clock. More short journeys than long ones. Returned over 50mpg on a run up the A3 and round the M25 at the weekend.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're welcome. That's the reason why I keep on running the blog.

Inside said:
Thank you very much for this list. As a future Volvo V40 owner it is nice to hear from actual users of the car, and not only reviewers who only spend minutes or hours with the car.
[hr]
Driving normally, during winter almost exclusively in the city, partly rush hour commuting to work in central Warsaw, mainly in low winter temperatures, my V40 consumed roughly ten litres of 98 octane gasoline per hundred kilometres, as you can see on Fuelly.

On country roads, driving normally, sometimes dynamically, my V40 consumes between six and seven litres per hundred kilometres.

I find these figures reasonable. I expect some improvement over time as the engine settles in, but I do not expect to come any near to the optimistic figures specified by Volvo, partly because I sometimes like to drive dynamically and partly because they seem unrealistic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And please don't stop doing it. I'm a happy reader of the blog :)

hasofy said:
You're welcome. That's the reason why I keep on running the blog.

Inside said:

·
Registered
4 Posts
My assessment is:

Pros:

Looks great, inside and out (not as boring as the German prestige models)
High quality finish
Very comfortable
Well specified
Very good fuel consumption (I'm getting about 66mpg on motorway journeys with a D2 engine
Safety aspects are unrivalled

Cons:

Boot is a bit smaller than its competitors. It's ok for normal use, but needs to be packed carefully to carry significant luggage. The flexible load floor makes the load area flat when you want the rear seats lowered but in normal configuration it eats into the boot space

The Infotainment system is very comprehensive but the menu structures are complex and I have not yet discovered how to find everything !

Overall:

A fantastic car but with a smallish boot. I enjoy driving every mile in it !!!!

hasofy said:
This one goes to all the V40 drivers out there. What pros and cons of your V40 have you identified?

Here are mine: www.myv40.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes the weight looks a bit steep as stated but not with what I have to carry around in it! which will I- guess- not be typical of most drivers-
To add to the 'pros' my insurance is coming up for removal and despite the valuation difference between new V40 and older S40 my premium with the same insurer is marginally less expensive -the insurer has speculated that the pedestrian airbag may have something to do with it-Oh well![/font]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts