Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to use the repair kit last night unfortunately! Does anyone know how much a replacement canister cost is and if you have to replace the hose from canister to tyre also?

Thanks

·
Registered
630 Posts
RICH080 said:
Does anyone know how much a replacement canister cost is and if you have to replace the hose from canister to tyre also?

Thanks
£14.99 from Amazon. http://tinyurl.com/c9t6bft From the picture of it, it looks as if the hose is included.
Halfords, £7.99 upwards depending on size. http://tinyurl.com/bxkc35s
car4care.com £6.99 for 400ml Holts Tyre Weld

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had to use the repair kit 4 months ago on the motorway - after 30 seconds of pumping in the fluid, it started pouring out into the road - the tyre was split in the sidewall. The Volvo dealer charged £26 for the refill, fortunately covered because it's a company car. Will now buy a space saver wheel!

·
Super Moderator
459 Posts
Dear RICH080

I used the Repair kit for the second time TODAY!. A new canister from Volvo (I bought one one year ago) costs smthng like 50 euros!! (a ridiculous price!). Now I have to buy a second one. :(
I am seriously thinking to order it from Amazon, as Yellowbelly suggests. Otherwise, I am considering the case to buy a spare and a jack, which comes with an equally ridiculous price here (Greece), about 450 euros!
The previous time I used the compressor, I had exactly the same question with you - what about the hose? Anyway, I flushed it thoroughly with water (after dismantling it from the compressor, it's easy) and this time it worked fine!

·
Super Moderator
459 Posts
@ Yellowbelly:
Both the tinyURLS you kindly provided do not work for me. Maybe you have smthng more to suggest? Thank you !

·
Super Moderator
459 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
No spare on the lotus so it came with a can of tyre weld (back in 1999 not having a spare was unusual but it saved weight and there was no room)

I would not use tire weld or the stuff that goes through the compressor as it kills your tyre, even if it could have been repaired it is shot.

I have a slime (water based so can be washed out and repaired) kit that comes with a compressor you use after putting the slime in, all for about £25

I also have an aerosol full of slime (size large) (about £10 from amazon) and a set of tyre strings (about £5 from ebay)

Touch wood I have not had to use any but I would try these before destroying the tyre foam/stuff that goes through the compressor

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do any of you guys who have used the repair kit have TPMS sensors in the wheels, and did the slimy stuff affect the sensor?

Best H

1 - 11 of 11 Posts