Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I would like order Volvo V40 R-Design, but one thing puzzles me :s

In the Internet I see different colours of TFT Active display (in performance mode or elegance) - RED illumination or BLUE illumination. Why?
In R-Design I can choose red or blue illumination? Or it's depends on outside coulor - Rable Blue have Blue display, and Red have Red display :huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi v40trek,

The TFT has 3 display modes - Elegance, Eco and Performance. Earlier R-Designs MY13s (and a few early MY14s it would appear) all 3 modes where blue in colour. All MY14s being produced now have the tri-colour TFT, that is blue in Elegance, green in Eco and red in performance.
The image you posted looks like a collection of modes from vehicles of both MYs. The two top images for example show the Performance mode, old model year on the left and current model year on the right.

·
Registered
382 Posts
You had better check the spec with your dealer. One thing you learn from this forum is that all countries are not treated equally.

Whether Red or Blue I have to say that the V40 dashboard is probably the clearest out there. My wife can even see the speed she's achieving without her reading glasses!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I keep mine on red all the time, as it has the large digital speed display right in the centre - the others only have a digital analogue type, which I find a bit hard to read quickly. I'd like the big numbers to be there in all modes.Used blue for about 10 minutes and never used green...

·
Registered
945 Posts
I use performance not because of the speed being in digits but because of the large rev counter.

The power guarded is a timid and does not make sense, I will be traveling at 1800 ramp, the car is telling me to change up a gear (and labour the engine to save a few drops of fuel GRRRRRrrrrrr!) and the gauge says I am about half power, plant my right boot and nothing really happens

Get it to 3500 rpm and the power gauge is about 3/4 so when I plant my foot it pulls like crazy with a bit of torque steer and spinning.

It should be a true representation of the power delivery not a gimmick or turn it in to a boost gauge

·
Registered
227 Posts
power meter

I use performance not because of the speed being in digits but because of the large rev counter.

The power guarded is a timid and does not make sense, I will be traveling at 1800 ramp, the car is telling me to change up a gear (and labour the engine to save a few drops of fuel GRRRRRrrrrrr!) and the gauge says I am about half power, plant my right boot and nothing really happens

Get it to 3500 rpm and the power gauge is about 3/4 so when I plant my foot it pulls like crazy with a bit of torque steer and spinning.

It should be a true representation of the power delivery not a gimmick or turn it in to a boost gauge
The same can be said for the so called eco meter its just a good old vacuum gauge hit the brakes and watch it move .i agree with all the technology around a power meter is not hard to do .

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
My model year 13 has 3 different colors for each mode, I know that if you have the R-Design, then the performance theme shows blue instead of red.

Reactions: snagglepuss

·
Registered
382 Posts
The MY14 models have the same layout as the MY13 but instead of various shades of blue the Eco is green and the Performance is red.

It would appear that the progressive changes to each model are normal for most car manufacturers hence the loss of the '3d' gear knob and the embossed seats. The gear knob I could do without but the seats are so much nicer than the standard models and certainly make the interior feel special.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Would be nice if the MY15 allowed you to have the performance mode with different colours. I want big rev meter with digital speedometer, but not in red!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Silly question, but does the different active display (Eco, performance etc) make any difference to the actual way in which the car drives?

My partners car has 3 driving modes Eco, normal, sport & if selecting a different mode would appear to give the car a different feel in handling & performance.

Mm.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Silly question, but does the different active display (Eco, performance etc) make any difference to the actual way in which the car drives?

My partners car has 3 driving modes Eco, normal, sport & if selecting a different mode would appear to give the car a different feel in handling & performance.

Mm.
I don't think so. In this case, it's more a display configuration than anything else. You have standard mode display, eco mode which now shows you your fuel consumption, and performance which now gives you a power meter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My R-Design (2013) TFT display modes are all in blue. Can this be easily changed to show Red colour in performance, blue in elegance and green in eco?
Have a word with your dealer (or Volvo UK if you get no joy) and see if it's available as a software update or upgrade - certainly should be technically possible.

·
Registered
945 Posts

Mm.
No it doesn't There was an option pack that gave you and option/choice re how much assistance the pas gives, option pack gave the lower/sports chassis, privacy glass etc. from memory

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Guys
Who really cares about the Colours its basic functions that are missing, what about one of them showing Kilometres as well, if you are driving in Europe on a UK spec car as I do for 5 months in the year the Speedo is only in Miles, that applies to all the fantastic features including City Safety Radar ie 110kms would show as 110mph on the speedo. all this is silly. Comments appreciated.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.