Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, yesterday I became the very proud owner of my R-Design and I am more than happy. I now know I made the correct decision in opting for the rebel blue, because seeing it first hand......it looks great. I cannot believe how comfortable it is over my V50. Just a few pics to show it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ordered: V40 D3 R-Design Lux. Rebel Blue, Auto Dim Mirror, Memory seats/mirrors, Lux winter pack, DAB radio, Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Floor divider.

·
Registered
630 Posts
louisdoberman said:
Hi, yesterday I became the very proud owner of my R-Design and I am more than happy. ..............
[/quote]

Very nice.
There isn't a V40 or engine type badge on the back. Did you ask for it to be de-badged?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yellowbelly said:
louisdoberman said:
Hi, yesterday I became the very proud owner of my R-Design and I am more than happy. ..............
[/quote]

Very nice.
There isn't a V40 or engine type badge on the back. Did you ask for it to be de-badged?
[/quote]

Yes I did. It is something I always do, wether it is on new or old. I am not into seeing them details.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rafiki said:
Congrats!!! Enjoy driving it, i'm sure you will. How many miles have you done?
Thank you. At present, a whopping 64 miles. Back in work tomorrow so it will increase dramatically. I average around 250 miles per week to & from work but I reckon the seats will take my mind of that......they are so comfy :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Love seeing pics of everyone's R designs in here, makes me look forward to getting mine even more ! Nice car..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice, the first orders into my local dealership arrived a week early! Picking mine up this week so will be joining you on the adding miles mission soon. They're soooo nice :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
louisdoberman, that is one nice looking car you have there.
I am also considering going with an R Design in the Rebel Blue, but have not actually seen this color in real life (at least not on a V40), and I was wondering if you can post a few more pictures of your Rebel Blue?

My main concern is that it might be a bit light and too pastel looking in real, and that's the one thing that's really holding me back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that bblue. The car is filthy at the moment so pics would be useless. I would say it is a 'lighter' blue but that suits me. It is not to dissimilar a colour to the ford focus blue that is out there, if that helps at all. I must say I took a gamble when choosing the colour as I have only seen it on the website etc and a stupid little piece of plastic at the dealers. I originally ordered red, but I am made up I chose the blue in the end. I think it looks really good with the dark windows. If you don't go for te blue, what is your other option???

V40 D3 R-Design Lux. Rebel Blue, Auto Dim Mirror, Memory seats/mirrors, Lux winter pack, DAB radio, Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Floor divider.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess the other color I was considering would be the Ice White, followed by the Passion Red and than the Black Sapphire.

I've always been a fan of white cars, but interestingly enough, I think the Ice White looks better on the non-R Design look. I don't think it brings out the 'sportier' look of the R Design. With the black, my concern is that it'll lose a lot of the details on the front of the car (black on black means you can't see the matt black front lip/chin).

I know I probably sound like a really picky person right about now, what with picking out the little things I don't like about each color, but too afraid to just go with the Rebel Blue :p
Just wish they have a V40 Rebel Blue in one of the dealer showrooms already.

Why did you end up changing your mind on the Passion Red? Just finding it a little curious as I think I'm in the same situation at the moment :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was because my budget did not allow for the additional price so I chose the red, but really wanted the blue. The blue (I believe) will also be a rare colour in comparison to others, so I thought 'what the ****' and opted for the blue as it also matches the colours inside the car. I also thought the promo ads looked cool with the blue. I will add that it shows up the dirt like the black etc, where as the white won't as much but the white will show up the road tar. I know this from my mates car which is white.

V40 D3 R-Design Lux. Rebel Blue, Auto Dim Mirror, Memory seats/mirrors, Lux winter pack, DAB radio, Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Floor divider.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
louisdoberman
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing