Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anybody who owns the r design have both the USB & aux ports? I have the Lux and it only has the USB port. I thought all models have both. A little gutted as I had my plans for my gadgets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ordered: V40 D3 R-Design Lux. Rebel Blue, Auto Dim Mirror, Memory seats/mirrors, Lux winter pack, DAB radio, Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Floor divider.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just out of interest, what did you plan to use the aux-in for?
You can get a 64gb flash drive from ebuyer for 25 quid. I think this is the best use for the usb port, SSD drives are too big and a touch more pricey per gb, and HDDs are mechanicaly vulnerable. Also if your mobile has a bluetooth transceiver you can stream music to the car stereo wirelessly - or so i read in the user manual, i haven't taken receipt of my V40 yet, few weeks left!
How are you getting on with the car? Mpg?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
salty_morsel said:
Just out of interest, what did you plan to use the aux-in for?
You can get a 64gb flash drive from ebuyer for 25 quid. I think this is the best use for the usb port, SSD drives are too big and a touch more pricey per gb, and HDDs are mechanicaly vulnerable. Also if your mobile has a bluetooth transceiver you can stream music to the car stereo wirelessly - or so i read in the user manual, i haven't taken receipt of my V40 yet, few weeks left!
How are you getting on with the car? Mpg?
At present I am using my iPod touch through the USB. I wanted to use my shuffle via the aux simply because of the size. I am sure that the D4 I test drove had the two. With regards to the mpg; I will of had the car a week tomorrow so not had too much time to gauge properly. I do quite a few motorway miles and the display is reading on average 52 mpg. I know this is never too accurate, but it is all I can go on and if it is anywhere close too this, then I will be happy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
52 will suit me too! my current car gets 25MPG.

if your concerned about the size of the MP3, i would recommend a USB flash drive - you can get some really tiny devices barely bigger than the USB Type A plug. I use the AUX-in when driving my girlfriends C30, and the audio cable takes up room in the arm rest compartment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The USB decoder is bullshit because it doesn't support ogg open format, a shame for such a high class car. That why I'm looking for aux input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
anixie
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing