Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, bullet finally bitten!

Our V40 is now ordered, due mid-July based on recent orders the dealer has placed. We got the new '14 spec, so new the brochure had to be printed! The main difference is that DAB is now standard (price increase to cover this though!) and the D2 engine is even more economical on paper:

88gms/km CO2
Urban - 74.3mpg
Extra Urban - 91.1mpg
Combined - 83.1mpg

One extra colour too - Bright Silver.

That's a decent increase on paper, performance is the same.

Our spec:

* R-Design in Passion Red - in the flesh, the Rebel Blue just didn't look right. It actually looked a little cheap, not the best of finishes.
* Tinted windows
* Power drivers seat (£100 cheaper in '14)
* Cruise Control
* Winter Pack
* Rear park assist

We were 'offered' the 3 year service plan free last time which the salesman had 'forgotten' but he honoured this and persuaded us to go for the 5 year service plan if we paid the £200 difference. This follows the car if we sell it, either way £200 for 5 years servicing is darn good and if we do sell within 5 years might be a nicety for the buyer to get.

D2 is a lovely engine - extremely smooth and quiet, power is right up to the red line too :) Very impressed with the power overall - it is not a fast car, but it has no issues at all around town or the motorway, really enjoyable drive!

We spent the most time choosing the colour! They had a good few V40's around and we were torn between white or red - red won out as our in-laws have a white Focus and we wanted a different colour.

Anyhow, very excited and we'll have to be patient for a few months :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
nry said:
OK, bullet finally bitten!

Our V40 is now ordered, due mid-July based on recent orders the dealer has placed. We got the new '14 spec, so new the brochure had to be printed! The main difference is that DAB is now standard (price increase to cover this though!) and the D2 engine is even more economical on paper:

88gms/km CO2
Urban - 74.3mpg
Extra Urban - 91.1mpg
Combined - 83.1mpg

One extra colour too - Bright Silver.

That's a decent increase on paper, performance is the same.

Our spec:

* R-Design in Passion Red - in the flesh, the Rebel Blue just didn't look right. It actually looked a little cheap, not the best of finishes.
* Tinted windows
* Power drivers seat (£100 cheaper in '14)
* Cruise Control
* Winter Pack
* Rear park assist

We were 'offered' the 3 year service plan free last time which the salesman had 'forgotten' but he honoured this and persuaded us to go for the 5 year service plan if we paid the £200 difference. This follows the car if we sell it, either way £200 for 5 years servicing is darn good and if we do sell within 5 years might be a nicety for the buyer to get.

D2 is a lovely engine - extremely smooth and quiet, power is right up to the red line too :) Very impressed with the power overall - it is not a fast car, but it has no issues at all around town or the motorway, really enjoyable drive!

We spent the most time choosing the colour! They had a good few V40's around and we were torn between white or red - red won out as our in-laws have a white Focus and we wanted a different colour.

Anyhow, very excited and we'll have to be patient for a few months :)
[hr]
Very nice car.

I had the same colour dilemma for my r design but ended up with white. It does look really nice in red.

You will appreciate the winter pack.

Out of interest do 18 in wheels still increase the co2 on 2014 spec?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check the brochure tonight - I think so, but at 88gms on the 17's, it may well still edge under the magic 100 limit on the 18's :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Reg chosen, picking it up a week today!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm picking it up this afternoon. Excited,!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Loving my car, I've had it a total of the hours and am smitten!

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Very nice :)

Can you notice the lowered chassis difference?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts