Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the front design of these kits physically the same but just sprayed differently? (ie, the crosscountry has a skid plate painted silver, but r design is just flat and painted black?) the position of the led's look similar, and when we look at the back, they again are similar. (just color difference).

since i havent seen either car, not sure if the rear deflector lights are in the same position, but they look awfully close.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi subtlesilver, as you will see from the pictures below the front and back are totally different panels completely.

V40 R Design vs V40 Cross Country

R Design Front

Cross Country Front

R Design Side

Cross Country Side

R Design Rear

Cross Country Rear

The rear lights are spaced the same, the front are further apart on the R Design.
Main difference at the rear is the skid plate on the Cross Country compared to the twin exhaust and diffuser on the R Design
Other primary difference is Cross Country has roof rails which need roof bars to carry loads, whereas the R Design needs roof rack with mounting feet.
Hope this helps
Misha

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here's the ES and SE exteriors

V40 ES Front

V40 SE Front

V40 ES Side

V40 SE Side

V40 ES Rear

V40 SE Rear

It seems the only real difference between the outside of the SE and ES is the different wing mirrors.

Difference between these and the R Design are that the body kits are totally different. Longer, lower snout on the R Design with different grille and vertical DRLs compared to the horizontal bottom ones on SE and ES.

At the rear the R Design gets a diffuser (all be it a 'mock' diffuser), bigger diameter (as far as I know) tailpipes

On the side, the R Design has silver mirrors rather than body coloured.
The R Design also has different wheels (17" two tone efforts). Hopefully these pictures will let you see the differences.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The Rdesign boot spoiler is also slightly longer, slightly bend up a tiny amount and there is quite a bit of gloss black (Piona Black) trims/upper grille (don't think this is standard on all models?)

·
Super Moderator
630 Posts
The R-design will always look nicer and hotter than the other models, except if you have the Heico kit on your car :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
The R-design will always look nicer and hotter than the other models, except if you have the Heico kit on your car :)
-i agree... thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yellowbelly - I screengrabbed from Volvo's configurator ;)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Other than the rear defuser that may drop the rear bumper to cover the visable silencer I am not a fan other other trim bits, yes makes the standard car look better but better than a R design, I am not so sure.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Other than the rear defuser that may drop the rear bumper to cover the visable silencer I am not a fan other other trim bits, yes makes the standard car look better but better than a R design, I am not so sure.
Have to agree... I far prefer the R Design DRLs being vertical to the horizontal ones on the standard models and Heico. Mind you, the 4-pipe exhaust is quite fetching, but immediately advertises that you've got something they may want to challenge

·
Super Moderator
630 Posts
Personal choice, but I like both the R-design and Heico. I like my car also now as it is, just want to add the Heico front spoiler, but I have to import it, and it is a bit pricey.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Volvo V40 D3 R Design NAV

Hi everyone, i am from the UK have picked my v40 up last thursday the 9th of Jan, after a week of driving i still feel sad at the end of every journey as i like it so much i dont want to get out of it.

How do i join the forum?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Have to agree... I far prefer the R Design DRLs being vertical to the horizontal ones on the standard models and Heico. Mind you, the 4-pipe exhaust is quite fetching, but immediately advertises that you've got something they may want to challenge
Well, you can always opt for the 2-pipe Heico exhaust. ;) Bonus is that there's no need to get the Heico rear diffuser then.

·
Registered
945 Posts
On a D2:blush:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hahaha... Obviously not on a D2.... That would be like putting a rally kit on a bog standard Corsa.... Although there are those that would do that!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts