Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I have just received the Race Chip box but I am struggling to undo the clip on the engine where the chip cable should be connected. There is a "handle" like element covering the area above the connector which makes it even more difficult to access it.

Has anyone installed the Race Chip on a D3 and if so how did you remove the connector? I wonder if the bit sticking out can be detached to enable better access?

Thanks for all replies

·
Registered
Volvo V40 Momentum R-Design D2, 2017
69 Posts
I think it's just sticky by the heat and powder in engine bay.
It has some clips that make the attachment between the 2 sides of the connector, you have to make sure you push those.
You can had some WD40 on it to help it detach

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I'm also thinking about buying one for my D3.

What is your opinion about it? Does it really work? Is the difference very notable? Any issues? Which model did you buy?

Thank you!

Hello guys,

I have just received the Race Chip box but I am struggling to undo the clip on the engine where the chip cable should be connected. There is a "handle" like element covering the area above the connector which makes it even more difficult to access it.

Has anyone installed the Race Chip on a D3 and if so how did you remove the connector? I wonder if the bit sticking out can be detached to enable better access?

Thanks for all replies View attachment 17261

View attachment 17262

1 - 3 of 3 Posts