Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a problem with DAB and FM reception in the car (2016 D3 Inscription) driving around the South East in areas I wouldn't have expected to lose all reception. At times I resort to listening to the radio on my phone through the car speakers!
Could there be a dodgy connection to the aerial? Any other suggestions?
Many thanks!

·
Registered
435 Posts
How interesting, last time I went twice to the south of the river past Greenwich area, I did notice the DAB would randomly cut out too, and there weren't any tall buildings. Also whenever i entered the Rotherhithe TUnnel it would automatically switch me to the emergency frequency. Mine's a late 2018 Momentum T3.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I haven't been out in our Volvo recently but the DAB radio in our house isn't getting a good enough signal today to tune in, so I've reverted to FM, which is also very crackly. Maybe there's a main transmitter on reduced power?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a problem with DAB and FM reception in the car (2016 D3 Inscription) driving around the South East in areas I wouldn't have expected to lose all reception. At times I resort to listening to the radio on my phone through the car speakers!
Could there be a dodgy connection to the aerial? Any other suggestions?
Many thanks!
Do you have any plug in power supplies, such as USB chargers, Dash Cams etc.? Some, even decent brands, can produce a lot of radio interference that interfere with radio reception. Try unplugging them for a while to see if reception improves. For general purpose use I ended up buying this 'certified' USB charger https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QYQCWL6 . It certainly works OK for me in my V40-T3. I'm sure there will be plenty of others, but it's pretty hit'n'miss trying to identify them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have any plug in power supplies, such as USB chargers, Dash Cams etc.? Some, even decent brands, can produce a lot of radio interference that interfere with radio reception. Try unplugging them for a while to see if reception improves. For general purpose use I ended up buying this 'certified' USB charger https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QYQCWL6 . It certainly works OK for me in my V40-T3. I'm sure there will be plenty of others, but it's pretty hit'n'miss trying to identify them.
I have one of these Universal Mini Dual USB Car Charger Twin Port 12V Lighter Socket Adapter plug | eBay
I will try unplugging it! That would be a great fix!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts