Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I think it would be good to get a general thread on rating your dealerships. When I ordered my Volvo, I didn't know if the dealer was a good one or not. Google only had 5 reviews or so. So I picked my dealer based on location and preference. Now it seems that my dealership is subpar to jonfromwales' dealership. Sadface.

So, where are you from, which dealership did you pick, and how have your experiences been?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there my dealer is Mill Volvo in Newcastle I'm not really able to comment on after sales or service appointments as I just ordered my V40 D2 CC on Monday but the whole experience was first rate and the salesman was a pleasure to deal with

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great idea

I'm from Coventry and chose TMS in Coventry, not be used it is close (my last three cars were all purchased in excess of 40 miles away) but due to a recommendation from two seperate friends, one of whom has purchased 5 cars from them and the second whom had purchase two.

My friends above all used Lee Asplin, so I went to him, as I have mentioned on other threads before we ordered three V40's at the same time and the process has been great.

Great deal taking into account www.drivethedeal.com and matching the discount, plus giving fuel and a high part exchange price, kept well informed throughout the process upto delivery, made to feel special on the collection day and have today had a follow up checking if I'm happy and whether I've got any questions.

All in all a great experience, I would highly recommend them and will with out doubt be back to buy my next car.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great idea

I'm from Coventry and chose TMS in Coventry, not be used it is close (my last three cars were all purchased in excess of 40 miles away) but due to a recommendation from two seperate friends, one of whom has purchased 5 cars from them and the second whom had purchase two.

My friends above all used Lee Asplin, so I went to him, as I have mentioned on other threads before we ordered three V40's at the same time and the process has been great.

Great deal taking into account www.drivethedeal.com and matching the discount, plus giving fuel and a high part exchange price, kept well informed throughout the process upto delivery, made to feel special on the collection day and have today had a follow up checking if I'm happy and whether I've got any questions.

All in all a great experience, I would highly recommend them and will with out doubt be back to buy my next car.
Wish I'd known they were good. I had a choice between those guys or Tollbar Warwick, as I live in Kenilworth which is basically in the middle. As I work in Leamington, I decided Warwick would be more convenient but throughout the wait it's always been me asking for info and never being called back when I'm promised. Most of the information about the status of my car has been delivered to me by jonfromwales lol. That's not how it should work.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I told my [car] dealer about what jonfromwales said, about his being in the UK, and simply got back that "he expects mine will be in the same timeframe". Not even checking that it's on the same shipment. Asked him if that means it is in the UK now and heard nothing back. Sigh.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My dealer in Cardiff has been brilliant, kept me informed all the way through, in fact he rang me first thing today to say the car was in the UK and he was waiting for a fax/email letting him know when to expect the car at the dealership.
Then out of the blue he has just phoned me again to say he will have the car ready for me to collect on Monday. Totally made my weekend now.
I hope others and double fingers crossed for AKD47 that their cars arrive soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
AKD your story sounds familiar I always had to chase up my dealer when i got my current Ford C-Max and there after sales service was dreadfulI use a guide dog and they even went as far as to "request" that i don't put my guide dog in there courtesy car in case the next person has a dog hair allergy, needless to say I was straight on to the customer services director who grovelled hugely especially when I mentioned the disability discrimination act, he promised it would never happen again but it did. That is not the reason I have gone for Volvo this time I just wanted a change and love the car and more important so does my other half lol

·
Registered
718 Posts
For anyone on the South Coast I would recommend Cambridge Garage in Bedhampton. I've had three Volvos now, although my V40 is the first brand new one. The garage have been excellent. They try to ensure the customer is always put first, from buying my first Volvo 14 years ago, to my purchase of my current V40, and subsequent support.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The trouble here is everyone's expectations are different.
Some people like regular contact and others don't?
It must be difficult for the salespeople to get it right?

With long build/delivery times how often is often enough?

I wouldn't be too bothered with a dealer who didn't ring me to tell me my car hadn't arrived!

Reactions: AKD47

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe that's something they should ask,
I think a decent dealer will simply pick that up by how keen/how many times you call them....

Ak I would force the point a little, at the end of the day you are the customer, who cares if you annoy them, you are spending a lot of money, I would use the service that you are paying for, I hate it when as soon as they have your money it's like you don't matter!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The trouble here is everyone's expectations are different.
Some people like regular contact and others don't?
It must be difficult for the salespeople to get it right?

With long build/delivery times how often is often enough?

I wouldn't be too bothered with a dealer who didn't ring me to tell me my car hadn't arrived!
I think you have a point, but like Keil says, they should find that out. If they can't infer from the regular contact that you're interested in being kept up to date, then they're giving you a shitty service.

For me, I have a genuine reason for wanting to know. I need to know in advance so I can get time off work, I need to make sure there is someone to give me a lift to the dealership, and I need to make sure that the person buying my current car is kept up to date and is available.

Maybe that's something they should ask,
I think a decent dealer will simply pick that up by how keen/how many times you call them....

Ak I would force the point a little, at the end of the day you are the customer, who cares if you annoy them, you are spending a lot of money, I would use the service that you are paying for, I hate it when as soon as they have your money it's like you don't matter!!
I think you have a point. It's a lot of money to be treated like a done deal. I don't think I'm going to go to them for any of my after sales stuff. I'll take it to TMS Coventry. I was going to get a dashcam fitted and winter wheels bought & fitted, but not from Warwick now.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just gone back to my dealer pretty much outlining my expectations and asking him if he is actually able to get an up to date status or whether he has to wait on hearing back.

I know he can find out more information, so this is his opportunity to either help me or lie to me.

Experience so far is sucky.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You should tell him that all of your expereince is being outlined on a big forum and your write up of his performance is getting a lot of interest!!

I'm terribl, if I have had **** service, I tell them, review them on a website, tell them that as well and then go to their manager!!!

It's amazing what y get as a resukt

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought my V40 from Ray Chapman Motors in Malton North Yorkshire, and was (unsurprisingly) treated very well, nothing was too much trouble and importantly BS was kept to an absolute minimum - so an entirely satisfactory experience as should be a bare minimum when you're laying out significantly uphill of £20K.

The service interval is now up, so I will be trying their service department as well pretty soon, and will feed back in due course, but before I do, has anyone else had any experience of this dealership's service dept.?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well after going back to him and explaining that part of the experience for me was knowing what the **** was going on, I got some information. He suddenly knew the date rather than "soon" and we booked a day for me to get it, got my reg plate sorted, and then I even got an email with a video of my car coming off the truck showing that it had arrived.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got mine from Stoneacre in Lincoln, a great experience. The sales guys, Mark & Rick were relaxed and helful through our repeated visits and test drive. It's only been a week and they've been checking all is well without being a pain. If they continue as they've started it all bodes well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I also purchased my D3 from Stoneacre in Lincoln. Steven Morris is a great person to do business with. He knows Volvo inside out. He made buying a car a pleasure.
Thank you Steven Morris

D3 SE LUX WITH NAV FLAMENCO RED, 17INCH SEGOMO WHEELS, WITH REVERSING CAMERA.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have found Rybrook Volvo in Warrington to be an excellent dealership.

They have serviced my company Volvos for 15 years and I have never received anything less than excellent service. They aren't the cheapest but we have a good working relationship and I am always acknowledged by name as I walk in.

I purchased my ex-demonstrator V40 from them last year and their Sales department were also excellent.

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Johnson's in Solihull

I have just taken delivery of my V40 D2 R-Design which I purchased from Johnson's in Solihull (recently relocated from Henley-in-Arden).

I cannot recommend the Johnson's team highly enough.

Their salesman (Damian Hill) was extremely helpful during my repeated visits and test drives and kept me informed throughout the process up to delivery.

I have not really used their service department (other than to have accessories fitted) but a work colleague who has been driving Volvo's since before God was a baby can't speak highly enough of their service team.

Highly recommended.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.