Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Volvo V40 D2 aut. (2016 model) in july 2019 and after almost 8 months I must say that it is the best car I have owned - and I have had 20 different cars now. I have enclosed a couple of pictures of the car from last summer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It is nice to see another happy V40 owner. A nice one and enjoy! (y) ;)

Reactions: Olsen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picking up mine on Sunday to replace my V40 SE 1998 model, long overdue but the car runs fine and wouldn't have bothered upgrading had London not brought a low emission charge (which is actually a great idea). New one looks almost identical to yours!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I used to have a Volvo 850 with what I assumed the same 6 slot CD changer in the boot (it didn't like CD-Rs though)...the V40 only has just a single CD slot...which I have yet to use!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I used to have a Volvo 850 with what I assumed the same 6 slot CD changer in the boot (it didn't like CD-Rs though)...the V40 only has just a single CD slot...which I have yet to use!
The modern V40 has a DVD, not CD slot (or at least mine does) You can watch the DVD while stationary, once moving the video stops but the audio continues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picking up mine on Sunday to replace my V40 SE 1998 model, long overdue but the car runs fine and wouldn't have bothered upgrading had London not brought a low emission charge (which is actually a great idea). New one looks almost identical to yours!
Congratulations with the new v40 👍
I hope you did get it yesterday? Also I hope that you will enjoy it in the future. I would of course love to see pictures ;). Mine has a USB port from where it is possible to listen to MP3 music - and as mentioned elsewhere the CD has only one single CD slot - but also from here it should be possible to listen to CD-R with MP3 - I can do it in mine. OK - I know some people find MP3 of not as good quality as from an original CD - actually I cannot register the difference - but maybe it is only me :cool:

·
Registered
399 Posts
OK - I know some people find MP3 of not as good quality as from an original CD - actually I cannot register the difference - but maybe it is only me :cool:
If I know the song really well and have them back to back on the CD and MP3 (variable bit rate ~ 190+kbps) in the car, stationary, engine off, I might be able to hear the differences, but i really have to listen. Once moving with road / engine / wind noise, there is no chance I can tell the difference between the two. Although I do wish that somebody would blindfold me, put the said song on mp3, I listen, I leave the car, that somebody changes same song on CD, I re-enter the car and see if I can tell. No placebo effect this way..
At home however, with my Hi-Fi system, I can tell within few seconds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
volvos.jpg

Here we go - old vs new - new one doesn't have a CD slot (or if it does it's not obvious!) but have been listening to my music via Bluetooth, life changing! Sold old Volvo to a pal for £20. New one drives like a dream! Got a tiny boot in comparison so might be in the market for a roof rack.

·
Registered
699 Posts
CD slot is the gap below the central fascia vents, above the keypad/controls panel.

Reactions: Tony1 and LomoCat

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow! what was it you sold for £20??
Have a look for for the eject button. And if like me the previous owner left a cd in there, you’ll find the slot!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow! what was it you sold for £20??
Have a look for for the eject button. And if like me the previous owner left a cd in there, you’ll find the slot!
1998 v40 SE model - could have probably gotten £100 or £200 off to trade in but pal needed a reliable car and he doesn't live in London so the ULEZ charges don't affect him. (The £20 was a token amount obvs)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts