Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read it should come on when putting the car in reverse but mine only comes on if i push the cam button.
Ive been through the menu and cant find anything.
Its a manual d4 with all the extras,2013 model.

·
Registered
85 Posts
No problem with mine always comes on when I select reverse.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My camera still comes on with the boot open but I don't get the guide lines. I don't remember a setting to de-activate it only to change the zoom.

·
Registered
945 Posts
My camera still comes on with the boot open but I don't get the guide lines. I don't remember a setting to de-activate it only to change the zoom.
Mine does this also but did also have the issue re it not coming on and I think this was due to it not being latched at all, I could have got it mixed up with something else equally stupid but I recall it was definitely something stupid I had/had not done that caused it in my case:(

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine does this also but did also have the issue re it not coming on and I think this was due to it not being latched at all, I could have got it mixed up with something else equally stupid but I recall it was definitely something stupid I had/had not done that caused it in my case:(
Funny you mention that, I recall shortly after my last service and software updates it didn't come on at all either on a couple of occasions. 1st time I just reversed on the mirrors only but the second time I waited and waited, re-selecting reverse and pressing the cam button but eventually had to cycle the ignition before it would work. Hasn't done it since in the last 2 months so I forgot about it.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I am curious to know if this reversing cam is helpful? Never had one myself. I find the V40, being small, a very easy car to reverse park in the smallest of spaces. Not hit anything in nearly 2 years. First time for everything I guess. :)

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I am curious to know if this reversing cam is helpful? Never had one myself. I find the V40, being small, a very easy car to reverse park in the smallest of spaces. Not hit anything in nearly 2 years. First time for everything I guess. :)
Dear Kev

I was (and still am) very skilled in parking my cars (as I live in the centre of Thessaloniki, Greece and parking places here are absolutely difficult to find). About the camera : yes, I find it extremely helpful, especially the guiding lines that appear on the screen. But (there is always a but!), I also think that this has made me a bit (or a lot!) lazy. I nowadays park the car by not turning my head anymore, just looking at the screen ! And believe me, this may contain some dangers, you cant see everything through the camera or the mirrors!

raytint (Chris)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Kev, this is the first car I have driven daily with a camera, as above the jag has one and I did not like that but the Volvo one is much better.

It is great for reversing up to low objects you can't see, yes the sensors help but not as much as the camera (very useful when your other car on the drive is lower than your back window)

·
Registered
945 Posts
One thing I would say is if you do go for one get a decent sized screen (nav or upgrade stereo on the v40 as the standard screen is too small, a dealer told me this when I was specing the d2 that was retaining the standard stereo, when it turned up I was glad I took his advice and did not get the camera as the screen is too small for it imho)

Now would I have a camera in lieu of something like full leather, HID's etc, no but if you have all the spec you 'must have' and have budget left over then it is a yes

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 64 plate v40 d2 and the reverse camera wont come on, it was working when we found it in the settings and switched it to automatic and it worked a few times but now it wont. When i go to camera menu it dosnt let me select options or switch on then either. Is there any way ariund this or a fix for it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.