Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fetching my D4 back for some warrantee stuff last week, including iffy unlocking/locking rear doors, it transpires that this is (as of Thursday last week) a known fault.

If you have problems with yours I'd recommend giving your dealer a buzz as they replaced mine and the problem has now vanished.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Door locks

Hi would this be were you cant open the rear doors without pressing the remote open switch when you get out, which I have to do, or something quite different and have I have not got the menu set up right, as they used to open without :s

·
Registered
771 Posts
hi thank you for getting back with that advice, its due in on Friday for the 3 month check so ill tell them to have a look at it then. :thumbup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Locked door irritation

I now have the O/s rear door locked issue. Still love the car but not so impressed with Volvo engineering, this for a manufacturer that professes to prioritise safety is definitely a black mark. No doubt it will be fixed under warranty but this is irksome ans even scary. however i still love driving the car

·
Registered
382 Posts
If the 'auto lock' feature is set to activate (the doors lock when the car reaches a certain speed) then they do not all unlock when the driver's door is opened.

I suggest that unless you live in downtown Jo'burg or somewhere similar then it's best to leave the Auto lock deactivated.

·
Registered
945 Posts
If the 'auto lock' feature is set to activate (the doors lock when the car reaches a certain speed) then they do not all unlock when the driver's door is opened.

I suggest that unless you live in downtown Jo'burg or somewhere similar then it's best to leave the Auto lock deactivated.
Why, car jaking is a real issue since transponders in keys mean they are useless without them, even stopping at traffic lights can result with things being stolen from the car, yes it does not happen all that often but why turn off the device that helps protect people against the unlawful?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I now have the O/s rear door locked issue. Still love the car but not so impressed with Volvo engineering, this for a manufacturer that professes to prioritise safety is definitely a black mark. No doubt it will be fixed under warranty but this is irksome ans even scary. however i still love driving the car
FY did you make any setting changes in My Car before you noticed this or has it just occurred by itself? Does it open with a second press of the fob?

·
Registered
175 Posts
On mine, the rear doors wouldn't unlock at all.

It was inconvenient and probably unsafe. Volvo replaced both door locks for me when the car had its service in December.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Old Croc
Thanks, I have checked the car settings and tried every combination of childlock/autolock button, and fob presses, to no avail. The other rear door lock works OK. Car is going in on Wednesday "for diagnosis" so perhaps may have to wait for parts. I will report

·
Registered
395 Posts
On mine, the rear doors wouldn't unlock at all.

It was inconvenient and probably unsafe. Volvo replaced both door locks for me when the car had its service in December.
That is quite scary. I often have the grandkids strapped in the back of the car. Have you ever seen the mess they can make when one says "i need a poo" and you dont get to them quickly enough?
In all seriousness this is a safety issue that there should be a recall for.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I took mine to the dealer on the day first noticed the issue with the door lock on mine, they tried to suggest they could not look at it and should book it in for the following week or when ever, it pointed out the car was not road worthy and dangerous, they must therefore fix it in the say or give me another car until they have fixed it, they fixed it within the day.

It is a common issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
door problem fixed

New door lock motor fitted today. Car also got a free 20+-point "health check", a wash and a hoover out. I am very pleased with the dealership on this occasion (Marshall Volvo, Cambridge)- credit where it is due

·
Registered
20 Posts
I took mine to the dealer on the day first noticed the issue with the door lock on mine, they tried to suggest they could not look at it and should book it in for the following week or when ever, it pointed out the car was not road worthy and dangerous, they must therefore fix it in the say or give me another car until they have fixed it, they fixed it within the day.

It is a common issue.

not dangerous.....in the event of a accident and a airbag deployment,the srs vcontrol module send a unlock signal to the doorlocks,it trips them to unlock but not open.

·
Registered
34 Posts
not dangerous.....in the event of a accident and a airbag deployment,the srs vcontrol module send a unlock signal to the doorlocks,it trips them to unlock but not open.
so you have to have an accident, airbag deployment.. for the non unlocking door... to unlock? if it wont unlock on a normal day... it defo wont unlock due to an accident....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.