Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Hoping someone might have some advice for this. My rear driver side door stopped opening from both the outside or inside a few weeks ago. This is an MOT failure and it’s actually due next month.Does anyone have any ideas as to how you would get behind the panel even though the door is closed?

thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Both my rear doors locked within the space of a week. I've a 2013 V40. Had booked in for over a week at Volvo dealership at Agnew, Belfast. Cost to replace each one was £320 - ouch. Sent me a text on 23/03/20 to remind me, after I'd spoken to them the same day. Turned up on 24/03/20 to find the showroom pen (shoudl have been closed) to be told they are closed, garage wouldn't look at it. It will fail MOT as they need access to rear. Luckily if your MOT is due after 30 March you have a 6 month grace period - but you'll still have a locked door - just hope the rest don't go. I've had the front passenger door lock twice for a couple of days, but then suddenly reopens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

I managed to get the panel off but the inner skin is actually part of the locking mechanism (which can’t be removed without the door being open) so a catch-22 situation. I’ve been able to pull the skin back enough to get in and feel the lock but that’s not proven to be much use!
I’ve called my local mechanic who’s going to take a look at it but he advised worse case scenario is cutting into the car to get it free. So, as a last ditch effort to fix it my self, I’m going to try and get to the latch from the back via the rear wheel well.

·
Registered
638 Posts
MOTs are being extended by 6 months now so you have some time to sort it out....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts