Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, dont know if anyone can help, I got a rear fog light malfunction message come up, changed the bulb but still nothing, the switch lights up fine and on the cluster. I'm aware that only the offside is used now, though I do appear to have bulb in the other side, being a 2014. I can't seem to find any reference to the fuse in the manual though?
Kind regards

·
Registered
213 Posts
You may have two rear fogs if its a 2014 car, depending when it was built.

Ed875

·
453 Posts
Fuse maybe? Anyway, I doubt this, as it can not be that both rear fog lights depend on the same fuse. Look it up at the diagram (ok, the fuse chart, forgive me for using greek words!). Thus, as I strongly think that you have only one rear fog light, there is one fuse blown, or (extreme case) both fuses are blown.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The fog lights don't have a separate fuse. They are operated by 2 switched outputs of the Central Electronic Module when it receives a LINbus message from the Light Switch Module to say the Fog Light button has been pressed.

The CEM and it's outputs that doe not have individual fuses are fed from fuses PF7 and PF8 in the fuse box that sits on the battery. The only fuses for lighting on the CEM are F74 for the supply to the headlamps and F76 for the tail lamps clusters.

Either the CEM itself has gone faulty, the wiring of the rear bumper loom is damaged or the bumper loom connector behind the bumper under the RH tail light has become disconnected (is it possible the car has had a bump at the rear recently?). The connector also carries the wiring for the number plate lights, boot remote locking antenna and parking sensors (if fitted), so if any of these are still working and the fogs aren't, it's more likely to be damage to the loom or the CEM, which will be an expensive fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, many thanks guys and especially Buzby for that detailed information, Indeed, the loom connector had come loose after a PDC retrofit, happy to say both fog lamps now working!
Thanks again

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, dont know if anyone can help, I got a rear fog light malfunction message come up, changed the bulb but still nothing, the switch lights up fine and on the cluster. I'm aware that only the offside is used now, though I do appear to have bulb in the other side, being a 2014. I can't seem to find any reference to the fuse in the manual though?
Kind regards
hi hope you can help me too
Tested my sons trailer with a dog light issue on the trailer
I have dedicated wiring on a 2015 xc60

my car now displays on the dash fog malfunction

I have tested the bulb right side and no fault
Left works ok

is it on the same fuse?

Has the trailer damaged the unit ?

or is it possible I have a left side fog car?

but think the trailer fault has given me a fault where are the fog fuses?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts