Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have my v40 2.0 D and it only have rear parking sensors, I want to install rear and front camera + front parking sensors, is it possible to install the original parts on it and works with the original parking system?

·
Registered
508 Posts
That depends.
Some cars were prepared for those extras to be added, other weren't.

If your car was prepared then it is just a case of plugging in the required modules (drilling holes in bodywork as required to fit sensors/cameras etc) and then going to Volvo and paying them to activate the functions in the software.

If your car wasn't prepared then you will also need to source and fit the wiring loom as well as the above.

·
Registered
508 Posts
There was a post here about that a few years ago. It is either on the original order paperwork (as it was a cost option) or it is buried in a Volvo database which your local dealer would be able to check against your VIN.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check the main menu, if there's an option named Camera, it may be that your V40 has been prepared for the rear view camera retrofit. You can also take the inner panels of the boot lid, if there's a connector plugged into the blank space where the camera should be installed, it a clear sign you are ready for the camera retrofit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts