Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've just bought online the rear reading lamp with switch on for passengers, because on my V40 MY19 there is the lamp without switch. My current connector have 3 pin as the reading lamp with switch, so i don't think i will have issue during the installation.
I want to ask you if when i install the new one (31305649) also the coloured LED will work (as in the front read lamp), the one you controlled via MYCar.

Thanks in advance,
Fausto

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't think it will work
i think doesn't have wire/connection to it
hope you try and tell us the outcome

·
Registered
8 Posts
yep, i saw that video a few months ago
in there we never saw the led light on or changing the color, inspite that he says it works.

and i don't think it will give you the power to light up only the back seat lamp, i think it probably allows you to turn it off or on when the front lamp is on.

but I'm hoping it works for you and you can make a video of it too to us to check it out.

best wishes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, i saw that video a few months ago
in there we never saw the led light on or changing the color, inspite that he says it works.

and i don't think it will give you the power to light up only the back seat lamp, i think it probably allows you to turn it off or on when the front lamp is on.

but I'm hoping it works for you and you can make a video of it too to us to check it out.

best wishes.
I had exactly the same doubt...
I will keep update as soon as they delivery the lamp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would love to know where you bought it from!
It's not so easy to found one used on EBAY, it took me 3 month. I searched every day on EBAY site (pn 31305649 or 31351312) and finally last week i found one in UK and immediately i bought it!!

There is one black (but you can change the frame with your current lamp so it's indifferent if you buy the black one or the beige one) available here:
Interior lighting - Volvo V40 12 ->> -18 - W873327
But i don't know if they delivery in Brasil.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:
Just received the lamp and installed on my V40 MY19 and everything work: switch off and coloured LED (it's follow the colour of the LED in the front lamp).
Great result!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
great can you send a picture of it and the part number?
I can't upload picture with my PC...
But here below the pn:
  • Beige frame lamp 31305649
  • Black frame lamp 31351312
You could buy both of them the frame is replaceble with your curremnt lamp (as i did because my frame was in better condition).

·
Registered
35 Posts
@Fausto_Red Thanks for sharing!! I have never seen anyone confirm that this would work, to be honest, you've put a lot of useful information here!!!
Also, enjoy your mod!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Fausto_Red Thanks for sharing!! I have never seen anyone confirm that this would work, to be honest, you've put a lot of useful information here!!!
Also, enjoy your mod!
I'm glad to help. I tried to share as much info as possible just because i didn't find so much online when i decided to try this mod on my Volvo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi guys,
I've made it!
i have made the change and all is working fine.

pictures:
old

new

led working with same color as set for the one in front.

the old one is for sale in Portugal 😁

thanks, keep safe 🌈

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
😁 tem de procurar uma viatura para peças das mais recentes, este era duma de 2017. mas sim não há muitas e quando aparecem são logo vendidas. se calhar pode ver no mercado dos usa eles têm muitos Volvos por lá.

·
Registered
35 Posts
😁 tem de procurar uma viatura para peças das mais recentes, este era duma de 2017. mas sim não há muitas e quando aparecem são logo vendidas. se calhar pode ver no mercado dos usa eles têm muitos Volvos por lá.
Obrigado pela gentileza! Estou a procura no Ebay e outros similares, eventualmente aparece!! 😁

·
Registered
62 Posts
Spotted this thread and thought that looks cool, I want that mod, so went looking but to no avail on eBay.
just been out with car to get milk, essential journey, and had a quick look at mine and to my surprise I’ve already got that style. MY 18 T2 R design 😄

·
Registered
35 Posts
Guys, finally found it and secured a piece of this beauty!
It's one of the beige ones (31305649), haven't tested it out yet, as i'm quarantined away from my boy, though i noticed that the lenses are a bit scratched and i would like to use my own.

I'm wondering if anyone has disassembled their original lamps and can confirm if the lenses (transparent piece of plastic) are the same on both parts?
Pic below, for reference.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts