Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the rear seat - not back rests but the squab? I have tried pulling it upwards but it seems secured at the two ends by the doors.
OldCroc

·
Registered
273 Posts
@OldCroc...I asked the same question last summer and the answer is out there via an instruction diagram reply that somebody posted. Basically at the two ends by the doors, get a flat head screw driver and insert it under the seat roughly in the middle and it releases a clip that is securing the whole rear bench down with...once up you'll be rescuing coins, lego pieces and smarties in a jiffy and have the hoover out!! In all seriousness, it's so simple it's a wonder they didn't put a note in the owner's manual! Darren

Reactions: Stueeee and Jobi

·
Registered
16 Posts
I removed my rear lower part today its just suppose to pop out, No it didn't, although I know I need to push in a button on the outside just under the seat I need a small pry bar to get it out, I just could no push enough and lift at the same time, any way it out attached is a PDF, sowing how it comes out and small tool I made out of 10 mm ply to push the lock in so it releases

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.