Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I'm currently looking into getting my first new car and the V40 is top of the list. So far I've just decided on a D2 SE, so was curious what sort of prices other people have been able to negotiate with their dealers?

The basic SE with just a spare wheel would be fine, but I'm also thinking about the TFT, Winter Pack, Nav and flexible boot floor - all on the table if the price is right.

A low-mileage used model would be OK, but so far none I've found have had the right balance of spec and price to make me go for it, especially since I can get 0% finance on the brand new models which wouldn't be available for pre-owned (checked this with dealer).

I've had a look at a few online brokers and seen prices lower than the first offer from my local dealership, getting a couple of new offers over the next week.

If anyone can give me ballpark figures of what sort of discount/deal they managed to negotiate for comparable models, it'd be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I used an online broker to get a good quote and showed that to my local dealer that really *nearly* matched it, it was very close so I preferred to go with my local dealer in the end as it's the first new car I've ever bought and wanted everything to go smoothly. I think if I by another new car in a few years however I'll just go with an online one and get it delivered to me and then serviced locally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts