Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had a letter recalling the windscreen washer hose? Can't say I have any problems with it but they want to replace/modify them!

·
Registered
196 Posts
It could be the same reason as the recall on the C30 and other models. The fluid could leak in to the ECU if the hose came loose.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My V40 just had its 3 month check-over at the dealer. They replaced the hose as per the recall (I didn't even know there was a recall).
They explained it was stop water sitting in the pipe and freezing. That kind of suggests there was oringinally a none return valve fitted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
27 Posts
On motor talk there's a long discussion about the freezing water on the hose (probably beacause of the "polar" temperatures in Germany the problem is more wide than in other countries).

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got a letter from Volvo yesterday, regarding the issue. Haven't noticed the problem, even though the temperature have been below 0C almost since christmas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
jens-peter
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing