Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of adding the above (as per Red X instructions) to my next full tank of Diesel. I have a Volvo D2 Cross Country 4000 miles, I drive mainly short distances but luckily I can give the engine a blast on the motorway once a month.

I'm keen to keep the injectors clean but to be honest I wouldn't know an injector if it squirted in my eye :)

Any thoughts? I believe Mercedes are not to keen, how about Volvo?

·
Registered
945 Posts
The injectors is not your issue it is carbon build up in the combustion chamber and exhaust/turbo that is your worry, thriving a low revs cause this and the 1.6 is particularly susceptible to it.

I run vpower as a matter of course in my D4 and it rarely drops below 1500 rpm when cruising and generally will be over 2,000 rpm, yes it is not the most fuel efficient way to drive but it keeps the engine and emissions systems (EGR valves, DPF's etc) healthy.

Desires are now less reliable than petrol cars in my experience

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info Denn1s, maybe I should rev up my "desires" a bit more and that'll clean out my "combustion chamber":blush:

But that would need " a wee blue pill" and I'm having enough trouble with the Red X never mind the Blue X!

Seriously thanks for all the replies, looks like the Red X is a bit of a waste of cash. Another wee bit of useful information locked away, the money saved will pay for the Vpower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.