Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone any advice

I am having problems with the car alarm, when leaving my dog in the car for a short while I always put it on reduced alarm and get confirmation on dash that alarm is in reduced mode; however I am then called out of shops as alarm has activated or get back to car with message that activation has taken place.

I have tried sitting in locked car (back and front) and tried to emulate what is happening to try to get alarm to activate but it won't - my wife really enjoys locking me in !!

Anyone any thoughts as it must do my dogs head in when the alarm goes off

Many thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am not laughing but I do have visions of you jumping around in the car like a dog. Just wondered if you had tried leaving car on full guard with dog in.
I have never reduced the alarm in my xc70 and never had a problem. haven't yet put dogs in v40 but did check out how to reduce guard. It has only ever been something I use on a ferry and I have had some very rowdy dogs in a variety of cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.