Volvo V40 Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a recall going back to 2018 I think. It’s on the new 2litre engines. Put your VIN into Volvo website it will show if there are any outstanding recalls. Same thing happened to my V40 2015. It’s to do with the inlet manifold. Then get it booked in to Volvo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to Volvo no fix available for the recall but I should watch the temperature gauge(which the car doesn't have). Anyway sick of it, traded it in. Never again Volvo.............

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have same problem turtle came back time to time. Obd doesent give anything. inspect engine and I found hose of one of the hoeses witch connected turbo was cracked. Quic fix and now it works properly.
Hi! I think I might have the same issue as you had here. My car's gone into 'limp mode' and can hear a whooshing noise when I accelerate - I had this same noise / limp mode issue once on an old BMW and it turned out to be a split hose on the turbo.
Can I ask how easy it was to fix? I don't even know where the turbo is, and though I know which end of a screwdriver to hold, modern cars are not designed to be tinkered with by the likes of me. Everything seems to be hidden under plastic covers...
Thanks in advance!
Nick

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2015 V40 D2 last month, this message has come up on the display for many many times (see attached photo), however it comes on and off, does not stay in the "message".

I have took the car to the dealer once because they have 90 days warrenty but I was told no error code was detected from diagonose reading. Each time when the message came up, it simply went away by push the exit button on the left stick and the car did not appear to drive abnormarlly at all (but I have only driven this volvo for more than half an hour).

Should error always stored in the computer once it came up? Is it becasue their diagnostic tool is not good enough?

Anyone could give any suggestions?
It's happened to me.I found a tiny rip on the turbo pipe.My recommendation is get the turbo pipe checked.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts