Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got my v40 a year ago, I know that in the menu there was an option for reducing the alarm, something I only ever use on a ferry. In the winter I travelled on a ferry and could no longer find the option. Having had a service and software update today I was hoping it would re appear. Still can't find it, sat in car with handbook followed instructions. Am I being dumb or has it just vanished?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have had a software update recently and Reduced Guard is still there. In one of the first menus in My Car. (I think it is My Drive or something like that.) It only operates once ie when you switch ignition back on it reverts to full guard.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I have never used this feature

·
Registered
273 Posts
my car has an annual service every four months (mileage) and the reduced guard option is still there after many software upgrades. In the main menu if you hit the "my car" menu button it should be there under car settings...works well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, that's where I thought it was, definitely disappeared. Think it went before the service and software update. Next time I am up near the dealer I will go in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.