Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m a new member and need some advice on where and what to do before having my D2 remapped.
I’m having a major service done in the car next week it’s done approximately 98,000 with cam belt changed and the 115bhp needs more poke so was looking at getting it remapped gains claimed online are 140bhp has anyone had this done and know anyone who is recommended to do it?thaks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I mentioned I was getting a 1.6 d2 to a local chip firm, expressing when the warranty is done what could he do for me.... His advice was leave it alone, stick a panel filter in at best. They're apparently over the edge at 140bhp, yes you can see better torque and power but the temperatures internally can ruin the engine long term, and he mentioned fuel pump or injectors aren't up to 140. I kind of went with that really, backed up with no official tune for the 1.6 from polestar.... BUT, I do agree that the twin pipes are let down by the tepid performance, wish id actually driven it before buying :) Oh well, just enjoy the economy. Now there's another can of worms....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mentioned I was getting a 1.6 d2 to a local chip firm, expressing when the warranty is done what could he do for me.... His advice was leave it alone, stick a panel filter in at best. They're apparently over the edge at 140bhp, yes you can see better torque and power but the temperatures internally can ruin the engine long term, and he mentioned fuel pump or injectors aren't up to 140. I kind of went with that really, backed up with no official tune for the 1.6 from polestar.... BUT, I do agree that the twin pipes are let down by the tepid performance, wish id actually driven it before buying :) Oh well, just enjoy the economy. Now there's another can of worms....
Cheers much appreciated which pagel filter would you recommend?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cheers much appreciated which pagel filter would you recommend?
[/QUOTE
ive always used k&n on all my previous cars (vauxhall petrols) but i got on well with the rep in the days i was selling that stuff so maybe biased :)
sadly the only product that gives a real improvement is the replacement filter box, not been developed for ours... Try a premium fuel, keep her serviced. also, try to drive another as a comparison. my wifes older c30 went in for the eloys dpf top up, the tech asked has it always been flat? turned out a vac pipe was split from the actuator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts