Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just got my V40 and this is my first post here.

I just wanted to know if anyone has installed and the opinion about the 'remote start'. Winter is coming and it would be great if I could start the car remotely 5 minutes before setting off in the morning.

I have found a dealer in north London that say it's £25 for the software to be installed, but I was wondering if any V40 would be compatible with it. Haven't called them to check though.

Cheers

·
Registered
202 Posts
Do you want the remote start purely to warm the engine before drive?
If so you maybe better looking at this option here which maybe preferable for the law and insurance alike.
There's also a fuel driven heater but I'm not sure that available in the UK market.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I also seem to remember reading that the dealer will only fit remote start to cars with an auto box.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine has a diesel run heater built in,I am in Sweden so it makes sense.
You just set a timer for when you want it to turn on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is an offence of quitting in the UK, but this would not be applicable, the very fact that it is a standard option with many main stream dealers is enough to confirm that. However a vehicle can only be quit if it is in a steal able position, such as with keys in it, the remote start keeps the vehicle secured and immobilises it if it is broken into.

I am sure I read that it is only available on cars factory fitted with the on call facility, there are aftermarket alarms with the facility but I would not want to be messing with them on a new car

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would recommend you taking a look at pre-heating the car either using a fuel driven parking heater, if you're driving diesel car, or an electric one. As these new cars are optimzed to be as fuel efficient as possible, they don't produce that much heat when idling. Therefore the best way to warm up the car is to pre-heat your car (electric - plug to socket OR fuel driven heater).

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hi all, just got my V40 and this is my first post here.

I just wanted to know if anyone has installed and the opinion about the 'remote start'. Winter is coming and it would be great if I could start the car remotely 5 minutes before setting off in the morning.

I have found a dealer in north London that say it's £25 for the software to be installed, but I was wondering if any V40 would be compatible with it. Haven't called them to check though.

Cheers
Not available in the UK :dodgy:

I wanted the fuel burning heater adding to mine and was informed of this.

Erberspacher and Waeco do aftermarket ones but OEM would far better :-/

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
So remote start is available for the V40. I asked the sales person here at Volvo Abu Dhabi, and he said he will have to check for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts