Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R Design D2
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, our old car needed a new aircon condenser as it had rotted due to leaves, in fact it was the same fate for 2 others as well. A fella at the garage mentioned this, so I decided to investigate the current car. Removed the 2 7ish mm bolts from the top cover on the slam panel, and hey ho there's a whole half decade load of leaves between the condenser and the radiator. Hoover out with a crushed (to fit the gap) length of 15mm copper pipe loosely attached and 20 mis later it's all clear, hopefully ensuring another few years of use :D :D :D
Why don't main dealers clear this debris as part of the service? Then again, filling the washer bottle is a bridge too far for most:unsure:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Why don't main dealers clear this debris as part of the service? Then again, filling the washer bottle is a bridge too far for most:unsure:
What, and miss out on the potential to fit new parts with a resulting nice fat profit on the labour charges? :ROFLMAO:

They are often susceptible to damage from stone chips etc. thrown up by passing vehicles too.

Then again, my dealer pretended to top up my already full washer bottle by pouring some of the contents of a new bottle into the used oil pan, and placing the opened washer fluid bottle in my car and attempting to charge me for it. All on dash cam video during the service :rolleyes:

·
Registered
65reg V40 D4 Rdesign ice white
47 Posts
I checked mine a few days ago and there was a mountain of 'damp' leaves and debris so i've left it untill today.
Today after a few dry days i had a go at clearing the debris, firstly i used my compressor which i have fitted a meter length of copper brake pipe to the blower, this helped break up the compacted debris then less than an hour with my industrial hoover i've managed to clear out both sides of the condensor and radiator.
A job well worth doing.
Thankyou to VeeForty Deetoo for the heads up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts