Volvo V40 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Your wrong I think JB, my wipers are also not great, they are not bad but do smear on the drivers side only, it's very annoying as on a new car I'd expect perfect cutting of the water off the screen.

It's not bad enough that I will worry about it now but expect it to be fixed next service, I'm of the opinion it's not the blade itself but the arm, as the passenger side is cutting the water away perfectly with no smearing.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Your wrong I think JB, my wipers are also not great, they are not bad but do smear on the drivers side only, it's very annoying as on a new car I'd expect perfect cutting of the water off the screen.

It's not bad enough that I will worry about it now but expect it to be fixed next service, I'm of the opinion it's not the blade itself but the arm, as the passenger side is cutting the water away perfectly with no smearing.
Report it now and you might get some new wipers I made the mistake of waiting when my 2nd set turned pants, the dealer said they are only warranted for the first 3 months, disgusting in my opinion, at £40 a set My spend would be the equivalent of £240's worth having gone on to mine, more than £10 a month and the issue occurs in every season, not just winter:mad:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Report it now and you might get some new wipers I made the mistake of waiting when my 2nd set turned pants, the dealer said they are only warranted for the first 3 months, disgusting in my opinion, at £40 a set My spend would be the equivalent of £240's worth having gone on to mine, more than £10 a month and the issue occurs in every season, not just winter:mad:

non gen wipers are cheep for a reason....bit like tyres,as for premature wear if parked in industrial areas like near factorys where there is fall out there can be increased wear,not uncommon our garage is near several steel works etc and we see large nos of cars with this problem,however cars out in the country are much less prone to faults.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Generally only use genuine wipers p, even ones made my the same company e.g. Bosche, can be different from the OE blades, however I tried 2 sets of Volvo blades and they did not last hence trying the none genuine ones (not that much cheaper than OE

·
Registered
72 Posts
non gen wipers are cheep for a reason....bit like tyres,as for premature wear if parked in industrial areas like near factorys where there is fall out there can be increased wear,not uncommon our garage is near several steel works etc and we see large nos of cars with this problem,however cars out in the country are much less prone to faults.
non gen wipers are cheep for a reason? Really
A top brand like Bosch or champion are deliberately going to make ****/substandard wipers to keep the dealers and their profits happy ?
:confused::eek:

·
Registered
945 Posts
non gen wipers are cheep for a reason? Really
A top brand like Bosch or champion are deliberately going to make ****/substandard wipers to keep the dealers and their profits happy ?
:confused::eek:
There is often a difference between what is supplied by the vehicle manufacturer to what the part manufacturer sell direct, this is not just wipers but break pads etc.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts