Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My v40's 3rd regular service is up. I am taking my car to a service shop who will change the oil for the one specified in the manual (Castrol), so that's fine. The only problem is that we don't know how to reset the "regular maintenance" or service message.

Could you please tell us how to reset it ?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi polo12, I'd have thought that the service centre would have the ability to do that...if they can't then I wouldn't be keen on going there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should've explained that I am on a trip in the desert and there is no Volvo dealership nor a "service center" like the ones you are implying.
I had hard time finding the oil per specs.
But thank you for your reply.
I have the digital display, I tried pressing reset and push the start/stop button at same time but didn't work.
If anyone knows how to do it, please let me know.

·
Registered
945 Posts
More manufacturers are making it difficult to turn off, it is a way of getting around the block exemption preventing them from forcing you to use the main dealer.

This way you end up using the main dealer because it is the only way to turn it off

·
Registered
273 Posts
I shouldn't get too excited by the whole need to use Castrol as outlined in the service book...Volvo UK use Shell, so go figure!

On an old Toyota that had a dodgy engine warning light I found black "gaffer" tape worked well over any offending instrument lights...which should be about twenty items down the list of guns, filters, water and shovels if crossing the desert!? Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
My dealer spilled the beans and said that the 20,000 km service is only necessary for the D2 engines. I was supposed to buy some wheels and tires from them, and they offered to reset the "maintenance needed" light for free since the maintenance is not needed until 30,000 kms on my D3. I checked the manual and it does mention this. Unfortunately I never bought the tires from them since they didn't fit on the cross country version of the V40, and I never got the maintenance light reset.

Anybody knows how to do this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
PROCEDURE TO RESET MAINTENANCE LIGHT ON 2014 XC60

1. Set the vehicle to ignition position I.
2. Press and hold in the reset button for the trip meter.
3. Press and hold in the OK-button on the left steering wheel stalk
4. Ignition switch position II.
5. Wait 10 seconds.
6. Release the reset button when the information light starts to flash.
7. Set the ignition to the OFF position for at least 3 minutes.

The instrument beeps when resetting has been successful.

it worked for me!

·
Registered
945 Posts
How many hands do you need, hold the reset button & the button at the end of the stalk, that is 2 how do you then press the start button ?

·
Super Moderator
459 Posts
Last time I tried to go through this procedure, it didn't work. Maybe I am a bit dumb!?!? I 'll try again next September !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts